First bundle

Did you order the SR6015 from other shop as it was not available at Avo and not Denon either.
.....sr7015 this one was only available I won't be upgrading to 7.1 in this room at least but atmos x 4 will be considered. Overkill?

.....sr7015 this one was only available I won't be upgrading to 7.1 in this room at least but atmos x 4 will be considered. Overkill?

Well not overkill, but you would have saved little more with the 6015 as no big difference between those two. But you are sorted now for long time so that is good!

Well not overkill, but you would have saved little more with the 6015 as no big difference between those two. But you are sorted now for long time so that is good!
Watched svs sub unboxing there is no cable included to connect it to av should I rely on wireless connection or get a cable?

Watched svs sub unboxing there is no cable included to connect it to av should I rely on wireless connection or get a cable?
I will list good package for you so that you don´t overpay for exotic brands. Speaker cable 30 meter roll of pure copper (OFC), cut for each speakers measure carefully with little extra every turn etc. before cutting.

Amazon product ASIN B01C79Z1FU
Here is the tool it has 2,5mm so with rounding movements you will cut small peace of the outer part off which goes on speakers and receiver terminals, remember to tighten it before putting in. Watch youtube videos if you haven`t done it before.
Amazon product ASIN B010NCX3AI
And finally Amazon Basics subwoofer cable 4,6meters is likely good so you have few options regarding sub placement which is very important. You will use cable yes and this is good enough.
Amazon product ASIN B01D5H8GYG

If you need cheap quality Premium HDMI cables then check these:
Amazon product ASIN B08224HT83

If you need to hide wires then these can come handy:

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I will list good package for you so that you don´t overpay for exotic brands. Speaker cable 30 meter roll of pure copper (OFC), cut for each speakers measure carefully with little extra every turn etc. before cutting.

Amazon product ASIN B01C79Z1FU
Here is the tool it has 2,5mm so with rounding movements you will cut small peace of the outer part off which goes on speakers and receiver terminals, remember to tighten it before putting in. Watch youtube videos if you haven`t done it before.
Amazon product ASIN B010NCX3AI
And finally Amazon Basics subwoofer cable 4,6meters is likely good so you have few options regarding sub placement which is very important. You will use cable yes and this is good enough.
Amazon product ASIN B01D5H8GYG

If you need cheap quality Premium HDMI cables then check these:
Amazon product ASIN B08224HT83

If you need to hide wires then these can come handy:
Many thanks. Got spare hdmi 2.1 support cable at home,never used. Ordered speaker cables one that you suggested in your first post . Makes me wonder if they gonna send entire order once tripols are available or split the order.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Many thanks. Got spare hdmi 2.1 support cable at home,never used. Ordered speaker cables one that you suggested in your first post . Makes me wonder if they gonna send entire order once tripols are available or split the order.
Great! You can ask by email, but i would assume they send the tripoles later.

What is av used for in terms of video? I can see it supports 8k/4K 120fps/60fps. It’s good for gamers, uses auto low latency, variable refresh rate etc more stuff but how do my tv or ps4 can benefit from receiver?

What is av used for in terms of video? I can see it supports 8k/4K 120fps/60fps. It’s good for gamers, uses auto low latency, variable refresh rate etc more stuff but how do my tv or ps4 can benefit from receiver?

Bettet that you search and listen some youtube video what av-receiver does if you aren`t familiar at all, but generally you will connect devices to it (hdmi inputs) especially now if you are going to buy PS5 or the new Xbox.. It has that external hdmi 2.1 device box though as that hdmi chipset has the bug. I`m not sure does it come with the receiver or do you need to ask them to send one.

Bettet that you search and listen some youtube video what av-receiver does if you aren`t familiar at all, but generally you will connect devices to it (hdmi inputs) especially now if you are going to buy PS5 or the new Xbox.. It has that external hdmi 2.1 device box though as that hdmi chipset has the bug. I`m not sure does it come with the receiver or do you need to ask them to send one.

Hey Decided to get them further apart to attach to the unit and pull unit away so I can have access to drawer. Rears could be higher but I need to consider housemate upstairs. Any feedback? I know it’s not perfect but these speakers will last me for many years and this is only temporary solution. Anything I could done better?

Attachments

• ABA5B24F-82B9-4E7F-A3DC-B94B044EBF37.jpeg
    ABA5B24F-82B9-4E7F-A3DC-B94B044EBF37.jpeg
    264.4 KB · Views: 46
  • DB7A5F68-8BA9-471D-87F5-84D7D77C831E.jpeg
    DB7A5F68-8BA9-471D-87F5-84D7D77C831E.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 9765A58C-91C3-4252-8A69-27C916671D28.jpeg
    9765A58C-91C3-4252-8A69-27C916671D28.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 47
That is probably the best you can do there. However i`m not sure are the front three (tweeters) as high as they should be = seated/laying ear height? The center channel you can angle upwards by putting example two rubber door stoppers under it each side. Not sure can you raise the front l/r.

Did you got the sub yet?

That is probably the best you can do there. However i`m not sure are the front three (tweeters) as high as they should be = seated/laying ear height? The center channel you can angle upwards by putting example two rubber door stoppers under it each side. Not sure can you raise the front l/r.

Did you got the sub yet?
Both left and right speaker are angled towards my sitting position, was thinking about raising front a bit or/and angle more left and right, I have a strong feeling that both rears should be lower close to my ear level,when I stand up to them just to see a difference I can hear “more” from them. Yes sub is here and it’s bloody beautiful ^^

Attachments

• 449F0E56-99CF-4B9E-AFFF-2FB54EC11D3F.jpeg
    449F0E56-99CF-4B9E-AFFF-2FB54EC11D3F.jpeg
    371.9 KB · Views: 41
I wish you would have just bought the speaker stands. Raise the front three so the tweeters (high frequency drivers) would be close to your ears when you sit. That SB3000 is gorgeous and it will shook the room and hit very hard when all is setup correct. Sadly i need to remind that where you have the sub can have dramatic difference. Also if you feel after Audussey run that it sounds bit undewhelming it`s quite normal as it sets the bass low.

When you have raised the speakers do the setup again! Don´t run the Audussey too close to rear wall, put the mic on stand that comes with Marantz so it´s about seated ear height and 0,5meters from rear wall. Do only 3mic positions. First one is where you sit dead center, the two others are each side about 30cm or so.

After Audussey go to menu and make sure speaker size is set Small for all speakers. Go to speaker crossovers and see that they aren´t set below 80hz. 80-120hz is typically used with those M&Ks.

There is menu likely speaker levels where you find "Subwoofer level", this should show minus db figure now example -6db. By lowering this you can get bit more oomph. Example from -6db to -3db should be noticeable.

Most important is that you get the front three higher now. You have so much space under tv that you should definitely optimize the center channel placement higher too! Then do the setup again and check the settings..

I wish you would have just bought the speaker stands. Raise the front three so the tweeters (high frequency drivers) would be close to your ears when you sit. That SB3000 is gorgeous and it will shook the room and hit very hard when all is setup correct. Sadly i need to remind that where you have the sub can have dramatic difference. Also if you feel after Audussey run that it sounds bit undewhelming it`s quite normal as it sets the bass low.

When you have raised the speakers do the setup again! Don´t run the Audussey too close to rear wall, put the mic on stand that comes with Marantz so it´s about seated ear height and 0,5meters from rear wall. Do only 3mic positions. First one is where you sit dead center, the two others are each side about 30cm or so.

After Audussey go to menu and make sure speaker size is set Small for all speakers. Go to speaker crossovers and see that they aren´t set below 80hz. 80-120hz is typically used with those M&Ks.

There is menu likely speaker levels where you find "Subwoofer level", this should show minus db figure now example -6db. By lowering this you can get bit more oomph. Example from -6db to -3db should be noticeable.

Most important is that you get the front three higher now. You have so much space under tv that you should definitely optimize the center channel placement higher too! Then do the setup again and check the settings..
I’ll take your advices,I will also lower rears close to my ear as it genuinely telling it’s where they should be. Thanks.

I’ll take your advices,I will also lower rears close to my ear as it genuinely telling it’s where they should be. Thanks.

If you can lower the surrounds use some boxes or anything to test them first before wall mounting them lower. There is different opinions on this, but generally the recommendations has been 1-2feet from seated ear height to give best sense of spaciousness. Stick with what gives you the best results. The important steps:

• Raise the front three speakers
  • Run Audussey again the way i described (room 100% silent and get away from mic/speakers), SVS sub volume set to -10 and LowPassFilter set to Off (read the quick guide)
  • Go to Marantz menu, check speaker size all small, check speaker crossovers that they are at 80-120hz, not below 80hz!

If you can lower the surrounds use some boxes or anything to test them first before wall mounting them lower. There is different opinions on this, but generally the recommendations has been 1-2feet from seated ear height to give best sense of spaciousness. Stick with what gives you the best results. The important steps:

• Raise the front three speakers
  • Run Audussey again the way i described (room 100% silent and get away from mic/speakers), SVS sub volume set to -10 and LowPassFilter set to Off (read the quick guide)
  • Go to Marantz menu, check speaker size all small, check speaker crossovers that they are at 80-120hz, not below 80hz!
Can’t raise all three now that I have attached the mounts,can only raise centre…. But yeah you are right I should first do a test with lowered rears before drilling another holes in the wall. I have a problem with silent room as I live with a window right to the busy road, was already thinking about running the set up again in the morning lol when it’s quiet . All speakers are small and 80hz but what about sub lpf for lfe?I think by default it’s at 120h but should it match crossover 80h? I have a couple of worries , these speakers play…well they play quite for my taste . Especially in stereo virtual/surround. With my ear next to the fronts when I change to surround mode there is an improvement but that’s not much. Being in relatively small room playing both Netflix or AirPlay with an db meter in my sitting position I’m getting 80-85db at maximum volume which is loud,but does not seem loud for that piece of set up ,perhaps it’s me? Another thing is distortions when playing either music via AirPlay,there it happens when changing songs a loud and annoying creaking sound like with old tv. And when playing internet ,with a station there are continuous regular distortions for a brief seconds. Which amp assign should I choose? 9 amps for main zone surround?

Can’t raise all three now that I have attached the mounts,can only raise centre…. But yeah you are right I should first do a test with lowered rears before drilling another holes in the wall. I have a problem with silent room as I live with a window right to the busy road, was already thinking about running the set up again in the morning lol when it’s quiet . All speakers are small and 80hz but what about sub lpf for lfe?I think by default it’s at 120h but should it match crossover 80h? I have a couple of worries , these speakers play…well they play quite for my taste . Especially in stereo virtual/surround. With my ear next to the fronts when I change to surround mode there is an improvement but that’s not much. Being in relatively small room playing both Netflix or AirPlay with an db meter in my sitting position I’m getting 80-85db at maximum volume which is loud,but does not seem loud for that piece of set up ,perhaps it’s me? Another thing is distortions when playing either music via AirPlay,there it happens when changing songs a loud and annoying creaking sound like with old tv. And when playing internet ,with a station there are continuous regular distortions for a brief seconds. Which amp assign should I choose? 9 amps for main zone surround?

Yes 120hz for the lpf for lfe. If you listen loud then bump up the crossovers 100-120hz for the speakers, if you hear they are struggling. Not sure what you mean amp assing. You have 5.1 system.

Yes 120hz for the lpf for lfe. If you listen loud then bump up the crossovers 100-120hz for the speakers, if you hear they are struggling. Not sure what you mean amp assing. You have 5.1 system.
If I want to only raise centre speaker how much would you suggest in this set up?

this is what I have found in settings for some reason it was set to 7.1 plus zone 2(I don’t have zone 2) while 9.1 seems like the the right one”view terminal confing” shows 5.1 with this one . There are many other options. Need to run audyssey after that, can’t change audyssey setup options like dynamic volume etc after changing this assign.

Attachments

• 54F2AD24-414D-4269-BF86-5786AF89CE4E.jpeg
    54F2AD24-414D-4269-BF86-5786AF89CE4E.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 26
  • C67589A0-9738-4C30-B40D-4923C650253C.jpeg
    C67589A0-9738-4C30-B40D-4923C650253C.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 26
  • C542C838-26C8-48AC-8831-69B9D60134BD.jpeg
    C542C838-26C8-48AC-8831-69B9D60134BD.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 782C1642-FE54-462D-A64E-81A1F6BEA892.jpeg
    782C1642-FE54-462D-A64E-81A1F6BEA892.jpeg
    216.7 KB · Views: 32
If I want to only raise centre speaker how much would you suggest in this set up?

this is what I have found in settings for some reason it was set to 7.1 plus zone 2(I don’t have zone 2) while 9.1 seems like the the right one”view terminal confing” shows 5.1 with this one . There are many other options. Need to run audyssey after that, can’t change audyssey setup options like dynamic volume etc after changing this assign.

Raise it so the drivers would be roughly on ear height when you sit on the bed. So measure it up and then you know.

I`m not familiar with that unit, but here is manual that says "Can be set in all “Amp Assign” modes."

Raise it so the drivers would be roughly on ear height when you sit on the bed. So measure it up and then you know.

I`m not familiar with that unit, but here is manual that says "Can be set in all “Amp Assign” modes."

Wow changing that to 9 amps then running calibration again made a huuge difference what I have now at lv40 used to get at 70 really. Seems like it was trying to give power where there wasn’t anything,zone 2. If I want in the future buy atmos speakers to put on the top of fronts what to look at for them to match? M&k don’t sell any standalone atmos at least i haven’t seen. Using different brand is ok isn’t it?Ohms to match?

Wow changing that to 9 amps then running calibration again made a huuge difference what I have now at lv40 used to get at 70 really. Seems like it was trying to give power where there wasn’t anything,zone 2. If I want in the future buy atmos speakers to put on the top of fronts what to look at for them to match? M&k don’t sell any standalone atmos at least i haven’t seen. Using different brand is ok isn’t it?Ohms to match?

Good to hear that! Yes you can mix from other brand. Something like Kef Q50a example. Just make sure you meet these requirements below and i think the sweet spot would be about 1,5-3meters from the speakers to listener.

For optimal performance, the ceiling should be flat (not angled or vaulted), with a height between 7.5 and 14 feet (2.3 to 4.3 meters), and made of an acoustically reflective material (drywall, plaster, hardwood, or another rigid, non---sound-absorbing material).

I tell you what these rears might as well be in the best right place . I all my ignorance I have set Center channel in settings to max and thought that I benefit from rears not enough LOL

it’s my first receiver and playing with something more than soundbar 🍺

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom