First bundle

Eijin

Id definitely want to listen to the Ambeo before buying at that price. I've read a little about it myself today.
It must be decent for that price
Same here I just had a chat with guys who own it and been reassured about the quality plus just google ambeo reviews and run through there is no “average score” they all praise theatrical performance and if you add high quality sub it must be worth the money, not a proper surround bundle but perhaps best alternative if you don’t have space…

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Appreciate your advice again sacrificing everything,hiding stuff, reconstructing room to get most of desired speakers is not an option either. I’m leaning more and more towards ambeo and svs 1300 which is not ideal but seems like good compromise for this room or Sonos arc with two fives .

2200£ for soundbar, crazy! Sure it would work with your room order now, but how much of that you get back when you sell it? No surround speakers and no sub included in that price either! You would want real hifi speakers at some point, then you have to buy av-receiver too. We see here often the regret with soundbar not giving the experience people were dreaming of and/or overpriced Sonos stuff ending support and pushing you to buy new product from them. Many are moving back to real systems.

I would at most spend my money in to quality passive soundbar made by known speaker manufacturer. Then you would still need av-receiver, sub and can add surround speakers of your liking.

Or just buy pair of bookshelf speakers with stands and place them either side of tv, left one in front of wardrobe which you said was ok if one door is blocked. The right side speaker same level, but you would turn that dresser sideways so you can open it still. Then you would add the rest speakers, receiver, sub normally.

StefanBFC

2200£ for soundbar, crazy! Sure it would work with your room order now, but how much of that you get back when you sell it? No surround speakers and no sub included in that price either! You would want real hifi speakers at some point, then you have to buy av-receiver too. We see here often the regret with soundbar not giving the experience people were dreaming of and/or overpriced Sonos stuff ending support and pushing you to buy new product from them. Many are moving back to real systems.

I would at most spend my money in to quality passive soundbar made by known speaker manufacturer. Then you would still need av-receiver, sub and can add surround speakers of your liking.

Or just buy pair of bookshelf speakers with stands and place them either side of tv, left one in front of wardrobe which you said was ok if one door is blocked. The right side speaker same level, but you would turn that dresser sideways so you can open it still. Then you would add the rest speakers, receiver, sub normally.

This is kind of my thinking. For £2200. You could buy something like KEF ls50 and add a streamer/Intergrated amp. Id imagine that would sound much better.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
5.1 is still possible if one speaker can be placed against wardrobe door (was greenlighted earlier) and changing the drawer in line with the right side wall so can open it. Sub would fit close to that drawer too. I would assume the front mains would be roughly 2meter apart which could be ideal. Use port bungs behind the bookshelf speakers as most are rear ported.

@Eijin what is the distance where your head is when you watch stuff to tv? Can you take tape measure.

Eijin

Dresser is
5.1 is still possible if one speaker can be placed against wardrobe door (was greenlighted earlier) and changing the drawer in line with the right side wall so can open it. Sub would fit close to that drawer too. I would assume the front mains would be roughly 2meter apart which could be ideal. Use port bungs behind the bookshelf speakers as most are rear ported.

@Eijin what is the distance where your head is when you watch stuff to tv? Can you take tape measure.
This drawer cannot be moved at all it’s inter grated in the wall,I’m stuck here and ambeo has huge soundstage so reviews says and it’s atmos too and its as close to surround as you can get from one device. Yeah sure I wish I could proceed with my MA order but everyone tells me my room is not good for them. Bookshelf speakers won’t do because if I’m to invest money I want to experience surround/atmos. I know that both Sonos or ambeo are a bit overpriced but what other option do I have….

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Dresser is

This drawer cannot be moved at all it’s inter grated in the wall,I’m stuck here and ambeo has huge soundstage so reviews says and it’s atmos too and its as close to surround as you can get from one device. Yeah sure I wish I could proceed with my MA order but everyone tells me my room is not good for them. Bookshelf speakers won’t do because if I’m to invest money I want to experience surround/atmos. I know that both Sonos or ambeo are a bit overpriced but what other option do I have….

Don´t get hung up in the name, we could call them standmount speakers too and they are part of most peoples surround system. But if you can`t turn the dresser then you are out of luck, unless you place the speakers below tv using some shorter stands placed on top of your cabinet. You should get away without center channel in that case so the information would be directed to your main channels, just add surround speakers and sub so 4.1 system which is still going to sound great. Is that tv 65" ?

Eijin

Don´t get hung up in the name, we could call them standmount speakers too and they are part of most peoples surround system. But if you can`t turn the dresser then you are out of luck, unless you place the speakers below tv using some shorter stands placed on top of your cabinet. You should get away without center channel in that case so the information would be directed to your main channels, just add surround speakers and sub so 4.1 system which is still going to sound great. Is that tv 65" ?
Yup it’s LG gx series 65”

Eijin

I have cancelled MA and ordered ambeo with svs3000 mentioned earlier (don’t punch) it’s not the best value for money you can get but it’s probably most suitable for my room in terms of performance considering lack of space and layout,I think here we should agree. Besides I think that you are little bit too “pro” for me it’s like audiophiles that hates wireless headphones even if they are high end but for an average user they sound amazing like nothing else. I went through forums,reviews and Reddit and haven’t seen a single bad word for ambeo and in the future I hope to get proper surround set with atmos. Thanks for your time,one more question you know that front grills/fabrics/covers in front of the speakers. Can they be removed without affecting quality or risking any damage? I think that ambeo is not the most beautiful soundbar but without that front cover would look much better.

StefanBFC

I have cancelled MA and ordered ambeo with svs3000 mentioned earlier (don’t punch) it’s not the best value for money you can get but it’s probably most suitable for my room in terms of performance considering lack of space and layout,I think here we should agree. Besides I think that you are little bit too “pro” for me it’s like audiophiles that hates wireless headphones even if they are high end but for an average user they sound amazing like nothing else. I went through forums,reviews and Reddit and haven’t seen a single bad word for ambeo and in the future I hope to get proper surround set with atmos. Thanks for your time,one more question you know that front grills/fabrics/covers in front of the speakers. Can they be removed without affecting quality or risking any damage? I think that ambeo is not the most beautiful soundbar but without that front cover would look much better.

Can you return if just incase it doesn't live upto your expectations? For that price id have definitely done a demo. Be interesting to hear your thoughts on it.

Eijin

Can you return if just incase it doesn't live upto your expectations? For that price id have definitely done a demo. Be interesting to hear your thoughts on it.
I believe I can but once connected they will reduce refund by a small amount. You sound like you really want to buy this thing and you will . Check Reddit or forums for independent opinions mine will likely be similar.

StefanBFC

I believe I can but once connected they will reduce refund by a small amount. You sound like you really want to buy this thing and you will . Check Reddit or forums for independent opinions mine will likely be similar.

I'm not really interested in soundbar's to be honest. I'm really happy with my setup. But I'm moving and the living toom is an akward shape. I'm hoping it won't effect my kit to much, otherwise its all wasted really. If it sounds poor in my room id be tempted just 2 channel.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member

Sure you can take the front grills off if they get off easily. I have no idea how strong they are "on" in soundbars as usually people keep them on.

I have read lot of good things about Ambeo and i assume it`s probably one of the best soundbar in the market, but it`s more of what you could have gotten with that money. Sure the room is nightmare with that order. Just awfull lot of money, but yeah hope you will be happy. Try to place the ambeo below the tv near same level where your ears are when you sit/lay and try few spots for the sub where it sounds best. In front corner it will sound loudest and you will maximize it´s performance with most grunt due to boundary gain, but your ears will be the judge. You are in for a treat at least with the sub. Read carefully the manual and check few videos how to setup the svs sub as it´s phone app controlled. You will set the level of speakers and sub in the Ambeo setup.

Keep us posted how it sounds when all setup!

Eijin

Lol I have just cancelled this order as well due to a lot of issues with this soundbar some people been sending three units lol I’m not having this. I would like to bundle this sub though the some av you say you can connect this soundbar here to av the get surround rears too? A little bit of advice could you look at this site what speakers would be good to go with this soundbar, svs 3000 and so I could close myself in 4K£?

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Lol I have just cancelled this order as well due to a lot of issues with this soundbar some people been sending three units lol I’m not having this. I would like to bundle this sub though the some av you say you can connect this soundbar here to av the get surround rears too? A little bit of advice could you look at this site what speakers would be good to go with this soundbar, svs 3000 and so I could close myself in 4K£?

Oh! So the M&K MP9 soundbar then, you need to ask from AVO how long the shipping takes cause it`s special order product! It is passive soundbar so you need Av-receiver to power the speakers, but the issue is most dealers don´t have anything to sell to you. It doesn`t make any sense to buy very expensive (2-3k£) receiver either.

They have the slimline Marantz 1711 (7.2 atmos etc), 1 in stock.

This is not something i would want though. Can you order the av-receiver from other dealer if someone happens to have one in stock?

Can you mount the surround speakers on your side wall higher up where i said on top of that mirror each side same height? Alternatively your rear bed wall in same manner about 2feet from seated ear height if you don´t go with Atmos?

Are you looking for deep bass and that rumbling feel like earthquake in your room if you listen louder or something bit less impactfull? You have one option i wanted to mention. PB1000 Pro. This has ported design so two ports moving air, but can also be driven as sealed. The question is, is this box too large in your room?
(w/ grille): 18.9” (479mm) H X 15” (380mm) W X 20” (509mm) D

If the box is too large then i would consider do you want to spend the extra to SB3000 as you can get the little bit smaller SB2000 Pro for 730£ when you join V.I.P in AVO site and add this to basket you will see further -10% discount applied. This is SVS refurb unit which members buy all the time and they are like new with full warranty. There is zero reason to buy "brand new" for higher price when these are available!

Seriously 1275£ vs. 730£ or 639£ looking the system you are buying and shared house i think you could save little bit with the woofer and still be very happy! Just using your money more wisely to get balanced system.

Answer the bolded questions first.

Eijin

Oh! So the M&K MP9 soundbar then, you need to ask from AVO how long the shipping takes cause it`s special order product! It is passive soundbar so you need Av-receiver to power the speakers, but the issue is most dealers don´t have anything to sell to you. It doesn`t make any sense to buy very expensive (2-3k£) receiver either.

This is not something i would want though. Can you order the av-receiver from other dealer if someone happens to have one in stock?

Can you mount the surround speakers on your side wall higher up where i said on top of that mirror each side same height? Alternatively your rear bed wall in same manner about 2feet from seated ear height if you don´t go with Atmos?

Are you looking for deep bass and that rumbling feel like earthquake in your room if you listen louder or something bit less impactfull? You have one option i wanted to mention. PB1000 Pro. This has ported design so two ports moving air, but can also be driven as sealed. The question is, is this box too large in your room?

If the box is too large then i would consider do you want to spend the extra to SB3000 as you can get the little bit smaller SB2000 Pro for 730£ when you join V.I.P in AVO site and add this to basket you will see further -10% discount applied. This is SVS refurb unit which members buy all the time and they are like new with full warranty. There is zero reason to buy "brand new" for higher price when these are available!

Seriously 1275£ vs. 730£ or 639£ looking the system you are buying and shared house i think you could save little bit with the woofer and still be very happy! Just using your money more wisely to get balanced system.

I just did some research...Is this soundbar from 2013?

I'm thinking of doing av receiver soundbar OR centre speaker,two bookshelf speakers on each side of tv unit and two atmos speakers on wall but I thought that atmos is firing upwards while the picture of atmos speaker on this site shows they fire horizontal. I can move the mirror and place the speakers more to the level of my ears but I'm not sure which option is the best.

StefanBFC

I'm thinking of doing av receiver soundbar OR centre speaker,two bookshelf speakers on each side of tv unit and two atmos speakers on wall but I thought that atmos is firing upwards while the picture of atmos speaker on this site shows they fire horizontal. I can move the mirror and place the speakers more to the level of my ears but I'm not sure which option is the best.

New MA Silver range has been announced today. So the current 6th Gen will drop in price very soon.

Eijin

New MA Silver range has been announced today. So the current 6th Gen will drop in price very soon.
Yeah does not matter as my room
Is no good for floorstanding speakers…. And to your question earlier about the ambeo. Did enough research to understand that the performance of this soundbar is extremely dependable of your room’s layout that’s why some people are blown with the 3D capabilities (considering one unit) another finding it’s quality mediocre. Seen people being initially unhappy but after running few calibrations with microphone in slightly different spots( putting microphone meter behind your regular sitting position) was helping. So listening to demo in shop of this speaker is absolutely pointless. And it’s very unreliable, it’s very heavy and awkward to return/exchange so many things put me off, seen more than few people that had 3+ units returning. No thank you. Overheating issues? Centre driver muffled, connection drops,latency issues,sync issues.

Eijin

I have found that this soundbar is really good I wish to stay with it . Just wondered,what do you think of this set anything that concerns here?

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member

It seems to be from somewhere early 2010. It`s basically 3x M&K M5 speakers made together. And M&K actually released new M50 model not too long ago. I don`t know are they planning to bring new soundbar. You could contact them to be sure!

The small picture you posted disappeared and i didn´t see what was on it.

If you are going to install some height channels high up on wall for atmos then you need to keep the surrounds at seated ear height. If not then you could mount them higher (5.1). The upfiring aka bounce style speakers they might work fine too, but they won´t make your ceiling come alive and depend of your ceiling height/material (reflective), listener distance, angle etc. You can of course try both as you can do that with same speakers. See below:

This has Kef Q350 bookshelf speakers with Q50a atmos speakers on top for upfiring bounce type.

i3B7bDg.jpg

And this has the same Q50a speakers high up on front wall as front heights. Little bit different effect, but looking members opinions this is often prefered more.

img_2177-jpg.3059927

I'm thinking of doing av receiver soundbar OR centre speaker,two bookshelf speakers on each side of tv unit and two atmos speakers on wall but I thought that atmos is firing upwards while the picture of atmos speaker on this site shows they fire horizontal.

That is what i said earlier you can buy something like Kef Q150 or Q350 (large) with the Q50a atmos channels and push them as wide as possible under the tv. Is the center channel required then as they are so close each other, not really but it´s up to you. Example Kef Q250c is option then. The Q650c is quite massive center channel as you can see in the first picture. You can also buy another pair of Q50a and use them as surround speakers mounted sideways on rear wall behind your bed. Notice that all are available in white too which would blend better with walls.

This av-receiver would offer just about everything without spending silly money. Black one is available with 5year warranty right away, one of few shops to have gear in stock! I would choose this with the bookshelf speakers or the passive soundbar.

And i would re-think the subwoofer choice cause i feel you would be paying quite a lot, but not necessarily be able to get the most out of the SB3000. There is huge ££ difference to that SB2000 Pro i linked. So think about it. If you ever add second sub it would be also cheaper if that matters. Most serious hobbyist have two subwoofers in their rooms due to certain benefits.

Eijin

It seems to be from somewhere early 2010. It`s basically 3x M&K M5 speakers made together. And M&K actually released new M50 model not too long ago. I don`t know are they planning to bring new soundbar. You could contact them to be sure!

The small picture you posted disappeared and i didn´t see what was on it.

If you are going to install some height channels high up on wall for atmos then you need to keep the surrounds at seated ear height. If not then you could mount them higher (5.1). The upfiring aka bounce style speakers they might work fine too, but they won´t make your ceiling come alive and depend of your ceiling height/material (reflective), listener distance, angle etc. You can of course try both as you can do that with same speakers. See below:

This has Kef Q350 bookshelf speakers with Q50a atmos speakers on top for upfiring bounce type.

i3B7bDg.jpg

And this has the same Q50a speakers high up on front wall as front heights. Little bit different effect, but looking members opinions this is often prefered more.

img_2177-jpg.3059927

That is what i said earlier you can buy something like Kef Q150 or Q350 (large) with the Q50a atmos channels and push them as wide as possible under the tv. Is the center channel required then as they are so close each other, not really but it´s up to you. Example Kef Q250c is option then. The Q650c is quite massive center channel as you can see in the first picture. You can also buy another pair of Q50a and use them as surround speakers mounted sideways on rear wall behind your bed. Notice that all are available in white too which would blend better with walls.

This av-receiver would offer just about everything without spending silly money. Black one is available with 5year warranty right away, one of few shops to have gear in stock! I would choose this with the bookshelf speakers or the passive soundbar.

And i would re-think the subwoofer choice cause i feel you would be paying quite a lot, but not necessarily be able to get the most out of the SB3000. There is huge ££ difference to that SB2000 Pro i linked. So think about it. If you ever add second sub it would be also cheaper if that matters. Most serious hobbyist have two subwoofers in their rooms due to certain benefits.
What benefits? Could never understand purpose of two subs… but I never heard that either. Was looking at mk lcr750 set but with svs sub instead…. Then I realised it’s 20y old bundle. How can it still maintain high price and great reviews even recently written? Is this set good enough I cannot somehow convince myself to such old system ? Some people disliked them for music performance.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Listen 7min clip and read the short article.

Which bundle? The LCR750 is quite new if you mean this one:

Eijin

Listen 7min clip and read the short article.

Which bundle? The LCR750 is quite new if you mean this one:

Yeah these MK 750 have and had no different branding/signature like MA silver 7g for an example. I saw post on forum guy talking about MK LCR750 the post was from 2011 and that he is a happy owner for 10 years. First model of LCR750 was released in 2001 and todays model have no addition to name to tell the difference....

Heard this brand is good,is it possible to build compatible bundle(without floor standing and sub) from this range that are available?

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Yeah these MK 750 have and had no different branding/signature like MA silver 7g for an example. I saw post on forum guy talking about MK LCR750 the post was from 2011 and that he is a happy owner for 10 years. First model of LCR750 was released in 2001 and todays model have no addition to name to tell the difference....

Heard this brand is good,is it possible to build compatible bundle(without floor standing and sub) from this range that are available?

They have changed from the earlier models considerably, i think this is third version which came year or two ago. New drivers which you can see if you look the mid-bass drivers to older ones and the tweeter is same found in the legendary S150 model. I believe the crossover design is new aswell. You can get the exact information from Rich by emailing/calling. He knows everything there is to know for M&K speakers. He installs them weekly for homes and studios. You can also buy them through to him. He`s company is also AVF advertiser.

The M&K speakers would work better as they are sealed by design vs. Klipsch RP which has rear ports as you have to put the speakers very close/against your tv wall!

We have at least few members that i know who uses the new LCR750 in dedicated cinema room like @Jenz does. So if they are acceptable for that kind of use then i´m sure you will be blown away too.

They also have the right type wall mountable on-wall surround speakers (tripole = shoots three direction) which is easy to wall mount with two screws per speaker.

06168ad4-e62c-4325-bff7-e0411fc0ac77-jpeg.1286202

Eijin

They have changed from the earlier models considerably, i think this is third version which came year or two ago. New drivers which you can see if you look the mid-bass drivers to older ones and the tweeter is same found in the legendary S150 model. I believe the crossover design is new aswell. You can get the exact information from Rich by emailing/calling. He knows everything there is to know for M&K speakers. He installs them weekly for homes and studios. You can also buy them through to him. He`s company is also AVF advertiser.

The M&K speakers would work better as they are sealed by design vs. Klipsch RP which has rear ports as you have to put the speakers very close/against your tv wall!

We have at least few members that i know who uses the new LCR750 in dedicated cinema room like @Jenz does. So if they are acceptable for that kind of use then i´m sure you will be blown away too.

They also have the right type wall mountable on-wall surround speakers (tripole = shoots three direction) which is easy to wall mount with two screws per speaker.

06168ad4-e62c-4325-bff7-e0411fc0ac77-jpeg.1286202
Uff that was quite a struggle to make a decision,ordered m&k full set with marantz av and svs but tripole surrounds are back ordered wonder how long it may take,but thanks for everything I know three cents more and probably made right decision after two failed orders. I'll place an update how it performs after all it is my first surround in my house :)

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Uff that was quite a struggle to make a decision,ordered m&k full set with marantz av and svs but tripole surrounds are back ordered wonder how long it may take,but thanks for everything I know three cents more and probably made right decision after two failed orders. I'll place an update how it performs after all it is my first surround in my house :)

Did you order the SR6015 from other shop as it was not available at Avo and not Denon either.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

LG rumoured to release 97-inch OLED TV in 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Blu-ray (UK) for Halloween 2021
  • By Mark Costello
  • Published
AVForums Movies Podcast: 20th October 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
PSB announces M4U 8 MKII wireless headphone