Question First build... what do you think.

ElGeeEighty8

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Looking to do my first build. Will be used for streaming. Hence why going for an Nvidia card over an AMD card.

PCPartPicker Part List: System Builder

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor (£158.97 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: Asus PRIME B550M-A Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£127.49 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory (£116.12 @ Novatech)
Storage: Intel 660p Series 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (£140.36 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Toshiba 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£83.17 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC 3X Video Card (£479.99 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case (£72.98 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA 600 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply (£61.40 @ Alza)
Total: £1240.48
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-07-22 20:41 BST+0100

Going to be doing 1080p gaming mostly (unless I hooked the PC to my Samsung for 4K or 1440p gaming).
Is the 2070 super worth it over the 2060 super? Real world wise would I notice the difference in FPS, especially coming from console.

Not bad but i would change a couple of things and maybe go for a 2060 super if you are only going to run at 1080 System Builder

Not bad but i would change a couple of things and maybe go for a 2060 super if you are only going to run at 1080 System Builder

cheers for that. How come that ssd is so expensive? Is it worth it? Not sure I’d fill 4tb... them again with warzone installed who knows haha.

Do you think the 2070 would give me better longevity than a 2060. I was gonna get a ps5, but to be fair there’s not many games (apart from Spider-Man MM) making me want to get one right now. So may go PC for the future.

I use a 2070 super the Gigabyte one you chose first and it’s great but I game at 1440p so only you can decide if you think it will be worth while long term if you did upgrade monitor in the future ?

Which SSD did you mean as the Samsung I suggested is cheaper than the intel one you chose and generally they are rated as one of the best SSD”s ?

I use a 2070 super the Gigabyte one you chose first and it’s great but I game at 1440p so only you can decide if you think it will be worth while long term if you did upgrade monitor in the future ?

Which SSD did you mean as the Samsung I suggested is cheaper than the intel one you chose and generally they are rated as one of the best SSD”s ?

Oh my days, apologies, major brain fart on part there about the SSD.

In the future, I may end end up getting a 1440p monitor. Like I feel it would be nice to game in 4K to on my tv, having not gamed in 4K this generation.
My wallet thinks I should just get the 2060Super right now. Ha

Spinning disk has no place in that PC, with a 2TB SATA SSD costing £160-200 there’s really no reason not to.

Spinning disk has no place in that PC, with a 2TB SATA SSD costing £160-200 there’s really no reason not to.

It depends on budget, that's 3x the cost of an equivalent regular HDD.

I'm still running a regular 2tb and 3tb drive in my build as I couldn't afford a high capacity SSD.

It depends on budget, that's 3x the cost of an equivalent regular HDD.

I'm still running a regular 2tb and 3tb drive in my build as I couldn't afford a high capacity SSD.

The budget in the OP is very healthy indeed, and a fast CPU, powerful graphics card (overpowered for 1080p), small SSD and large (slow) spinning disk makes for an unbalanced build.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom