First Blood

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watched my dts dvd yesterday and god i love this movie,the music and feel of the film just seems perfect,whats everyone else's view on this classic in my opinion

I got the US tin box which I took you got with saying it was DTS. The first one was a great film it was one of the top film of the year when it came out. Totally agree with you on the score nice on by Jerry Goldsmith, will have to get it one day.:smashin:

have to search for that score now garret,have you got the score for living daylights,my fav bond,and yours if i remember correctly??

Yes I got it just before Christmas. What a great soundtrack, a lot of soundtracks are boring apart from the title and end track but this ones good al the way though. Also the disc I got has 9 bonus tracks on and the first one if from the very opening scene to the start of the main titles 6.21.

Re Rambo Jerry Goldsmith is my all time favourite theme composer.

cracking score,let me know if you find the first blood one anywhere:smashin:

I found one look in you PM box.;)

Well there would but I have just found out it is full.

The mesage is urgent I will be on line for about an other 30 minutes.

I wonder if it will be recorded for the BBC I have heard a couple of broadcast from his concerts.

I wonder if it will be recorded for the BBC

How about a filmed recording in DTS :)

I went to one of his concerts some years ago, at the Barbican (again a birthday event). Excellent stuff!

Years ago I went to the Albert Hall to a annual event called the Filmomonic played by the Philharmonic and the got 4 film composers to conduct there works, got to see some of the greats, Goldsmith and Barry to name a few.

By the way First Blood was a good film.:rolleyes: :D

[OFF-TOPIC - a bit]

One of my ambitions is to see John Williams conduct the London Symphony. Does the man EVER perform in the U.K?.

dean

First Blood was an excellent film... shame the same can't be said for the other 2 that followed although they both work as pure no-brainer action movies, perfect for a Saturday night on the sofa:smashin:

Jerry Goldsmith's scores for Alien, Planet of the Apes and The Wind And The Lion just blow me away. The man's a genius

funny enough,i watched this the other day as well.

one of my fav films of all time,trautman nails me everytime!

"to eat stuff that would make a billygoat puke"
"to live off the land,PERIOD."

FANTASTIC.

i even like the end song,cheesy as it is.

I saw John Williams as well at the Barbican about 5-6 years ago....it was just amazing!

Played all the greats, except Jaws unfortunately. Great anecdote from him about the ending of ET where he was trying to match the music he wrote to the edited pictures at the recording. No matter how he did it he couldn't manage it so in the end Spielberg turned round and basically just said do it how you want to do it and I'll re-edit to match the music!!

He also did an encore with the Raiders' theme to end a perfect night!

Originally posted by MrFurious
have to search for that score now garret,have you got the score for living daylights,my fav bond,and yours if i remember correctly??

It sound like out mate Timothy Dalton is narrating on Dunkirk.:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom