First Assignment this weekend !

Biscuit761

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Local paper phoned up during the week, was I available on Saturday ? Yes I thought, could spare an hour or so I suppose - no - they want me all day covering a local carnival, the cricket and football match and something else ! 10am - 5pm and I get paid their standard fee plus expenses !!!! :smashin:

Am Ok with the sports stuff but dead worried about the carnival, hoping I get some official markings of some sort otherwise there might be a few dads not happy about me poking my lens in little Tyronne or Kyle's faces !

Any tips would be great.

Will have to get some spare batteries for the flash gun !

Bill

Sounds challenging Bill, but seeing what you have produced in the past, I'm sure you'll be fine mate.

My only possible suggestion would be to take lots & lots of shots !

It might be an idea to get yourself a Hi-Visibility vest to wear, dont have to
have anything written on it, just makes yourself look like an official.

Just ask them for a press pass. Once you've got your pics published, apply to the national union of journalists as a member and ask them for a full-on UK press pass. That would be a result!

Tobers

It might be an idea to get yourself a Hi-Visibility vest to wear.............
You'll look like a right perv then!:eek:

A amateur trying to look like a pro by wearing a vis vest. The best advise is (wearing your normal casual clothes) conduct yourself in a professional and efficient manner. Don't walk around with a long telephoto lens grabbing shots of kids, go up to the parents and ask for a photo and then get them doing something stupid stuff to camera. Remember its a local rag so they won't be after Guardian style arty shots but frame filling happy family shots.

IMO it you attitude and professionalism rather than a press pass that lets people know your official press.

You'll look like a right perv then!:eek:

A amateur trying to look like a pro by wearing a vis vest. The best advise is (wearing your normal casual clothes) conduct yourself in a professional and efficient manner. Don't walk around with a long telephoto lens grabbing shots of kids, go up to the parents and ask for a photo and then get them doing something stupid stuff to camera. Remember its a local rag so they won't be after Guardian style arty shots but frame filling happy family shots.

IMO it you attitude and professionalism rather than a press pass that lets people know your official press.

Cant see whats pervy about a Hi-Vi vest, i have 30 scaffolders that wear them, dont think they look like perverts:( also all the emergency services wear them, dont often get irked on here as all of what we say is only opinion
and if someone thinks some thing is not a good idea, that fine to say so, but i am completely baffled how wearing a HI-Vi vest makes you look like a pervert, silly, daft, odd maybe, but a pervert:thumbsdow

Builders etc, don't walk around with a camera strung around their neck. Unless your at an event that requires a high vis (motor sport etc) don't bother. To me trying to look official while sneaking shots of kids with a tele will get you arrested.

Just offering my advise..........

Not falling out with you on this Gazza, i just dont see the link between a Hi-Vi
vest and a pervert, thats all:)

Interesting statement,

But then if your walking round with a large telephoto are you really sneaking ?

Great stuff biscuit, I'll look at for the shots i the paper.

Went off topic for a bit there Biscuit, sorry.
i think you will have a great day, weather is going to be nice and sunny, plenty of colour and interesting characters in the carnival, cant go wrong, fill your boots

Not doing the carnival now, its on a different day ! Covering a 24 hour "Snookerthon", a flower festival, an hour at cricket and then onto a footie match !

Will leave the vest at home I think.

Bill

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom