First announced Windows phone 8 device, the Samsung ATIV S

D

Deleted member 585609

ATIV S (pronounced Ah-Teev S)
4.8-inch display, 8.7mm, 2,300mAh battery, 8-megapixel camera, NFC, Windows phone 8, 1.5Ghz dual core cpu, 1GB RAM

with a "chic hairline" design ?

Last edited by a moderator:

WildeKarde

Interesting. Right HTC and nokia let's see what you can do?

WildeKarde

WildeKarde

Depending what happens with the 920 being available this would probably be my backup option. Prefer it over the HTC models I've seen.

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
I picked up the ATIV S from Amazon for £360 a few weeks ago. It's a real bargain compared to the Nokia Lumia 920 or even the Lumia 720. The price has gone back up since, but its worth keeping an eye on.

As its based on the Galaxy SIII, it's a nice phone. A worthy successor to my beloved Samsung Omnia 7.

eugenerudenko

Novice Member
I picked up the ATIV S from Amazon for £360 a few weeks ago. It's a real bargain compared to the Nokia Lumia 920 or even the Lumia 720.
Interesting.. I'm thinking about having a WP device and have considered Lumia as the device to buy. Will wait a little bit.

WildeKarde

I get the feeling this is the windows phone that has been the least popular. Maybe too closely associated with android for buyers to ask about it

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
I get the feeling this is the windows phone that has been the least popular. Maybe too closely associated with android for buyers to ask about it
Many people think that Windows Phone = Nokia. Actually, Nokia deserve a lot of credit for getting WP 'out there'.

The ATIV S is a great device. I actually like the fact that it's not 'in your face' like the brightly coloured Lumias.

It's also a bargain at the moment.

WildeKarde

Many people think that Windows Phone = Nokia. Actually, Nokia deserve a lot of credit for getting WP 'out there'.

The ATIV S is a great device. I actually like the fact that it's not 'in your face' like the brightly coloured Lumias.

It's also a bargain at the moment.
I agree with that in that most people will think Nokia. Same as probably most folk would think Android is Samsung Galaxy

silent

Banned
i'm gonna get one of these, wae+ are now at 210 inc. seems worth it, pay by CC for back up or paypal.

bankies

Now that this phone is just over the £200 mark I have also ordered one to replace my Omnia 7.
The sd slot, removable battery and the price difference won out against the 920.

silent

Banned
i didn't buy mine from wae+ as they appear dodgy, so brought a 920 from the classifieds. will i regret it?????

pezley

i didn't buy mine from wae+ as they appear dodgy, so brought a 920 from the classifieds. will i regret it?????
No !

the ative is lighter, bigger ( and nicer AMOLED ) Screen but besides that the 920 will provide a better experience. The other storage option has been fixed by nokia and no other OEMs. Nokia will support it more than samsung will the Ativ. The exclusive Nokia apps are better than Samsungs.

There is nothing wrong with the Ativ, in fact it's a great device but let down by samsungs commitment to Wp8

bankies

No

I did not go for wae+ either but got mine for £230 from Amazon marketplace, ordered last Monday night and delivered Thursday morning from Germany with official UK mains adapter.

Really like it so far and its a great step up from my old Omnia 7.

It is a pity Nokia are getting all the focus from MS and Sumsung, HTC seem to be left out. Suspect Nokia will be the only one left making windows phones

martinthorn1

Just picked up a refurbished as-new one of these off ebay for about £160.. seems like a bargain so far! Not many about either so plenty of exclusivity (and also perhaps lack of community support should things go wrong!)