1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

first and LAST order to movetyme

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by graham.myers, Jul 26, 2002.

1. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After seeing a lot of people on these forums rave about Movietyme, I'd thought i'd give them a go and order some discs.

I ordered about £90 worth of discs as an initial order inluding the Rambo Trilogy.

this box set was faulty and I duely filled in the "lost in post" form and faxed it back. Except the fax number didn't work properly. So I rang them. You had to leave a message. So I emailed them and craig replied (within a couple hours) and I sent back the disk.

That was a month ago (well the 20th June).

I've chased by email, phone, the movietyme forum on dvdlifestyle

so far they've just ignored me apart contact on 28/6 on my first chase. since then nada.

This is abysmal customer service and I certainly won't be using them again. Its back to play for me, even though they're more expensive. I'd rather pay an extra quid and get better after sales service, then get it cheaper and get no service.

very disappointing

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to hear the problems you've had Graham. Over the last six months I have gravitated away from Play and now use Movietyme almost exclusively for R1 material. So far I've not had a problem with them.

I have, however, found that Lisa responds to me quicker than Craig, so you might want to try dropping her an email (lisa@movietyme.com).

Hope you get it all sorted out.

3. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    MT blow hot and cold really.

I am in a similar situation whereby my first and only order with them was totally messed up and their method of communication to me was a joke and I never use them now.

Try www.dvdsoon in future. Very cheap and are my suppliers of choice for R1s now.

www.play.com is my R2 choice.

4. silverpenguin

silverpenguin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The thing is, its swings and roundabouts with all DVD retailers.

MT do get it wrong from time to time but at the end of the day most people do.

I know someone who ordered 'The Man Who Wasn't There' from Play, only for it to arrive with the contents of the disc being some form of cartoon instead of the movie! They emailed Play and tried to sort this out over the phone for over a month before it was resolved and they finally replied to the emails! I have never had a problem like that with them though....do you see my point?

I know there is not much point in saying this but I have never had a problem with MT myself, even before I got to know Craig (through the million and one questions I used to email him).

I know its easy to get the hump when something does go wrong but as I said before, its all swings and roundabouts.

But, if this has left a bad taste in your mouth then fair enough.

P.S. CDWOW are good from time to time so have alook at them as well.

5. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would accept items being mis-shipped, or a delay in responding, but my last contact was 28-June.

I could understand if I'd only used one mechanism of contact which may get swamped, but I've used every method they support and they still don't respond.

I have had problems with play in the past, but I've ordered over 100 discs from them and can't expect every one to be perfect.

I also can't expect MT to be especially carefull 'cos its my first order either so I have a warm feeling inside and continue to order.

I don't expect 100% service (after all I'm British :) but its a cut-throat industry and you need the edge. I'm aware a lot of people order from MT and there are very few complaints about MT and loads against play. Similary there are people who'll never buy from play again because of a bad order.

swings and roundabouts.

Ask 100 people who their favourite supplier is and you'll more than likely get 100 different answers.

Hopefully my experience is a blip. I just wanted to get it off my chest.

By logging the fact I have a bad experience, and other people also log bad problems we may see a trend pointing to more deeply rooted issues with a particular suppleir. I'm not saying that will happen, and I'm not saying it should but if people note the bad experiences it may ring alarm bells in the future for traders that may be going bellie up.

I may try MT in the future but I think the after sales service seems very archaic for an internet fronted company - no person on the sales line just an answering machine, and having to print out a form and fax it to them for returns.

I'll try Lisa's email and see if I get any further.

My last email to them this morning said If I didn't hear anything by close of business this evening I would take it further.

6. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    i have been shopping with play since they started. that was in the days when dvd had just been launched and starship troopers was the best disc in the world. i have had problems with them, but they have always been resolved, i will continue to use them unless someone comes along and charges half the price of them. i guess its just a case of who you feel comfortable about shopping with. i am not a big fan of internet shopping, i would prefer to walk into a store and pay an extra 10% and know that should anything go wrong i can take it back and moan to someone in person! with R1-6 software is a different issue...