1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First and Last experience with ImportMadness's lies.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Hurricane_san, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Hurricane_san

Hurricane_san

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My first and last story with Import Madness :

I live in Belgium and was looking for an online import source for Fable US and an US XBox.
    Someone on the Ryzom beta forums gave me www.importmadness.co.uk (which is in fact a Canadian company)
    I've put the order the 16/09/2004, total : $315, express shipping and all.
    Monday evening, still no news of the dispatching of my order.

I send an email to ImportMadness telling I need the game for my hollidays or it's just worthless to me (which is true). I get a reply 4 hours later basically telling me "sorry, your order has just been dispatched and will arrive Wednesday 22/09/2004".

On the web site, my order is shipped. Still I do not have the expected tracking number. So I ask to ImportMadness how I'm supposed to get it.
    Since I didn't got any answer, I asked again the next day.
    And I asked today too because I've spent the whole day at home to be able sign the package. No answer from ImportMadness anymore.

Still, 30 minutes ago I get a mail from Fedex telling that my package is will be processed TODAY. The tracking number is not even usable yet. My package has not been shipped yet. That is, they lied.
    At best, I will get the game FRIDAY 24/09/2004, that is, just before my last week-end before I get back to work.

I'm about to fill in complains in Canada (no luck for them, I know plenty of people there) and put a bad word for them in all the gaming communities I know.

I think I will refuse the package too and return it with the cheapest way possible. By law I have 7 days to return an online order to the shop.
    I will just loose a few bucks and they will not get my money.

They will not see me or any of my friends again, for sure. :nono:
    As for you, I suggest you avoid them like the plague. If you bought from them and where lucky, good for you.

You have been warned.

PS: I'm open to suggestion concerning the actions to take against ImportMadness.

2. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    I think your being harsh. Most companies arent all that efficient.
    It does take time to send stuff from the US to EU. If u use Fed ex over night delivery then maybe yes, But any other system which is cheaper wont deliver on time.

Its part of the importing experience. You should have ordered sooner and given yourself more time to receive the package.

Still, they didnt keep their promise and you are within your right to refuse it!

I doubt other import comapnies will be any better!

3. Hurricane_san

Hurricane_san

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I order online since years.

Amazon used to make me wait 2 months for a 24h delivery. I was angry but it was ok because they just updated me telling "we don't have stock anymore, sorry. Better luck in two weeks maybe". They never told me "it has been sent".

But a site that tell me "all is fine, your order is out", and backups this by changing the status of my order and telling me "you will have it the 22th". Making me wait a whole day, with that longing for my order state, for nothing ...

Worse : I was about to wait another to get this game the sooner possible. Thanks to Fedex who told me the packet was not even processed yet I will have a fine day.

I've just received a list of places where to put a complain in.

4. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    why pay $315 for an xbox
    £140 for chipped xbox in UK, Fable you can download for free.
    (not that I would, of course)

5. Hurricane_san

Hurricane_san

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I do not like modding at all and I just can't stand illegal copies.

Still, I'm a "compulsive buyer" or something. So when I want something, I do whatever is needed to get it within the (my) legal boundaries. Modding is illegal in half the European countries (That's one of the worthless point in Europe : no unity, just a mess of voices, but I disgress ...)
    Importmadness has just lost a custommer that buys from $200 to $400 of games and gaming hardware every month.

Btw, $315 is for the XBox (~$185), Fable (~$60) and the express shipment (~$70). That is ~$315 or 248€ which is the usual price for that kind of product. I had an import shop here, but they were able to deliver it only friday. I should learn patience but I didn't managed it those last 30 years ... so ...

I just got an update from Fedex.

ImportMadness, this monday :
    ==============================================================
    Hi

Sorry about the delay, your order has been shipped out. It should arrive
    by Wednesday.

Thanks

-Customer Care
    ImportMadness
    297 Royal Appian Cres
    Concord, Ontario
    L4K 5K9
    Canada
    Fax: (905) 417 1177

Fedex, a few minutes ago :
    Tracking number XXXXXXXXXXXX

Ship date Sep 22, 2004
    Delivery location XXXXX , XXXXXXX , Belgium BE
    Service type International Priority Service

Date/Time Activity
    Sep 22, 2004 12:54 PM Package data transmitted to FedEx; package not in FedEx possession

Disclaimer
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    FedEx has not validated the authenticity of any email address.

6. Hurricane_san

Hurricane_san

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Update

After my complain I finally got an email this morning. Two in fact.
    The first one was to say that there was a problem with the paperwork with Fedex, basically. I choose to give them "the benefit of the doubt".
    The second one to say that I could either return the package with a refund, either keep it with a transport refund for my trouble.

If the package is delivered Friday, I will probably keep it (It's amazing how better you can feel when someone gives you a gentle reply).

7. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Glad you are finally getting some response and resolution.

However, please note the forum rules

I have removed all comments in your posts that are derogatory to the company. We are not adverse to people sharing bad experiences but please do not post comments which are libellous.

8. Hurricane_san

Hurricane_san

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't noticed any change. Anyway English is not my first language so sometimes word that have the same meaning to me (in my first language) can be more strong than expected.
    Oh, yes, there is a word I do not find anymore and I'm pretty sure I've used it. But it was supposed to be directed on me and AFAIK it is the name of a medieval job. Besides it was supposed to be applied to me and not them (well, if my grammar is ok)

9. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    No problems Hurricane, I understand that english is not your first language, but it is certainly very good :)

Just hope you get it sorted ok, it is never very good when things go missing. I am still awaiting a Gameboy game that went walkabouts a few weeks ago from DVDBO, however my current suspicions lie with the internal post in my company :(

10. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +613
    I am exactly the same mate, if I want a product and someone has it in stock but at a higher price I will pay the price, I can't wait for weeks to try and save maybe £100.
    And it does annoy me when after payin a higher price the item isn't sent.

The amount of times I pay for next day deliery and I have to call them 3 days later to be told that is just about to go out, it is bad business.

11. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,741
    ImportMadness, oh yes, I remember them well. Shocking service, they advertise "in stock" when most people are out...but don't deliver. I had the misfortune of ordering SWG from them when it first came out, 2 weeks later (express 48 hour delivery) still nothing, and no reply to any of my emails. I finally cornered the owner on mIRC (would you believe) and I managed to get a refund.

I would NEVER EVER use this company again, and if you have a search around, you'll find many many horror stories.