first action sequence shot

joe1978

Hi folks,

Still having a steep learning curve with my D40, but managed to fire off a sequence of a mate while snowboarding last week.

3211382150_a4d5e4c5f7_b.jpg

Shot in RAW and processed in ViewNX (free one), then used PSE 4 to create the sequence.

I know it's not perfect but it's a start and I really like this style of photo so it's something I'd like to get better at.

Joe

joe1978

thanks bill, all i knew was that i needed to continuously shoot and keep the camera as still as possible.

joe1978

tryingtimes,

Didn't merge as such but here's what I did, if there's a quicker way please someone feel free to tell me as it took me ages to figure this out!!!

I had 4 RAW files converted then to JPEGs, I then used PSE4 and copied each JPEG onto a layer with a chosen "base" photo as the background.

I then lined all the layers up to allow for camera movement (no tripod) and cropped to the area that held the most interest. I then went through each layer and inverse selected/cut to a new layer for each layer then merged all the (cut-out) snowboarders into one layer, brought that layer to the front then merged again withe the background layer and applied a bit of guassin blur to smooth out any edges.

Phew....:boring::boring:

:smashin:

joe

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom