Firmware

Cynar

Prominent Member
Reaction score
As a one time Meridian owner I can't believe that the software to perform firmware updates isn't available for download from Arcam.
I've read numerous posts in this forum giving reasons why this is the case but I'm afraid I don't agree with any of them - especially the dealer relationship rubbish. If a dealer wants a good relationship with me then it's up to him to provide a good service, not force me in to it as a no alternative option.
I've bought the product with my hard earned cash - it's mine, I own it, and I feel it should be MY decision whether I perform a firmware update on it. I'm not a child, am fully aware of the risks involved and appreciate that if I bugger it up it's my fault and I'll have to pay for any resultant repairs.

Sorry for the rant, but I think Arcam's policy on this is not in the best interests of some of their customers. The fact that they'll supply it if the dealer refuses suggests to me it's a policy being dictated by the dealers.

In light of this, is there any kind soul out there with access to the software and latest firmware files for AVR300 and DVD79 who could email them to me or burn them to a CD and post them along with some simple instructions. I'll happily pay any reasonable costs involved.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom