1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firmware version on NW-HD5 - How?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by tera_logik, Oct 18, 2005.

1. tera_logik

tera_logik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Got my 30gb NW-HD5 from Sony Style yesterday, and was impressed with the speed of the delivery, it was ordered last friday at 12.30h and arrived monday to Portugal, being delivered at 17h of that day...

I bought the refurbished version, but i am completely and utterly pleased with it... Works like a charm, battery is fine, if i didn't know better, i'd say it was new! No fault or defect, at least to the naked eye... :thumbsup:

And, has a member said in another thread, i got to peel the screen protection of it... :clap:

Works pretty well, already turned the volume limiter off, worked perfectly...

But all this is beside the point (just wrote it because it was a damn good choice and the members of this forum helped me make it...)

What i would like to know is just how do i find the firmware version of my player... I downloaded (from the same place i downloaded SS3.2) a firmware update (v1.2) and i would like to know if i should install it...

2. ToxicUK

ToxicUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

connect power supply/charger, options, initialize system, update firmware

3. Poodle

Poodle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You only need to install it if your firmware (on the NW-HD5H) is version 1.1 or below. You can check that when you choose the update firmware option mentioned above.

If you have a European model, you may also want to remove the volume-capping restriction imposed on EU models. You can find the procedure in these forums.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184051

4. LordZero

LordZero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    tera_logik que coincidencia,eu tambem sou portugues e encomendei ontem o meu nw-hd5h do sonystyle shop,espero que chegue ainda esta semana ^^

ainda bem que da para tirar o limite do volume,pensei que viesse com o firmware 1.2 ou fosse como os novos nw-hd5 que estão a ser vendidos que não deixam tirar o limite,ainda bem que da para tirar.
    Ja agora,qual é o firmware que vem instalado no teu?

Bem encomendas-te sexta eles tiveram o fim-de-semana para transportar isso e chegou 2ºfeira,bem so espero receber ate sexta e espero que venha em bom estado,bem deve estar,tambem tem garantia :p

PS:i wrote the text in portuguese :D

5. Poodle

Poodle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Show off... :p

6. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    Hold onto that. IMHO it's the best screen protector you can get for the HD5. I just kept mine on.

7. myepitome

myepitome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've still got mine on my hd5h, to me it is pretty good because it covers the edge of the screen so dust doesn't get under the screen!