1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firmware upgrade for DV27

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Tracey, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, just wondered how I can get a firmware upgrade for my DV27? I'm not sure what version I have but I've had it for nearly 2 years now (I think) so I'm assuming it's not the latest version. I sometimes have problems when playing a CD where I can't go back to the previous track, not sure if the upgrade would fix that? So do I have to go to a dealer or can I get the upgrade CD sent to me and do it myself?

Tracey

2. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Take it to any dealer, pefereably the one you bought it from, they should be happy to do it for you while you wait.

Should fix that, I remember having that problem, also addressed some DTS issues I had I seem to recall. You'll notice that some nice setup tweaks have been done over the past couple of years too.

Mark.

3. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Mark sounds like it will fix those problems then, I also sometimes have a slight delay when playing DTS DVD's os it would be great if that was sorted too. At least taking the DVD player into a dealer isn't as bad as having to unplug the amp!

Tracey (also a Ward)!!

4. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Unless you're sure what you're doing it really is worth taking it in for the upgrade.

My previous DV88 actually had a fault whereby the new firware wouldn't write to it. If I had done the firmware fix at home I wonder whetehr the suspicion may have been that I did something wrong, powered off at inappropriate time or similar.

Not sure what your version contains but there's some nice features in the later versions as well as the performance enhancements:-

You can turn on the player from standby by pressing the eject button (saves hunting for the remote when you just want to put on a cd).

Adds Pronto compatible discrete codes for ON & OFF, this gets around the problem of toggle on/off button when you want to set entire system to switch on or off via universal remote.

Now if only they'd add a setup option for a black screen saver so my blue CRT tube in my PJ doesn't suffer wear when powered on with no disc... :)

5. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +375
    tracey

You can check the stats on various Arcam DV upgrades here ... http://www.envytech.co.uk/arcamdvd/ ... if you want to do the s'ware yourself you can get the disks from Arcam or I can send you my latest versions (spares from my dealer) ...

rgds

Jon

6. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks but I think I'll get my dealer to do it just in case then I can't be held responsible if anything goes wrong.