Firmware upgrade for Denon dvd3910

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jvm, Sep 13, 2007.

1. jvm

jvm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Can anyone help me. I need the firmware upgrade for my denon dvd3910 as it currently will not handshake with my projector. The current firmware is 6609-5. I have spoken to customer support at Denon who have advised that I need a firmware upgrade but two weeks later I'm still waiting for the discs to arrive and getting somewhat frustrated. Does anyone have the discs and if so could they send them to me?

Ps this is my first post so forgive me if I've done anything wrong.

2. armchair bri

armchair bri

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    welcome to the forums check this thread out,http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611588
    I do not know if the latest update will sort out the handshake but you can try, this involves putting your 3910 s/n in and downloading three programs unzip and writing each onto three seperate CD-R disks, BUT please read all the information here and on the denon download & support website, I know you came here for help and you are thrown in the deep end,Brian.

3. jvm

jvm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for the link. The Denon website doesn't seem to like my serial number and won't let me download anything. Is there anywhere else I could try?

4. armchair bri

armchair bri

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    If the dvd player was bought in the Uk from a registered dealer then your s/n should work, have you put the correct info in (colour/s/n) and if so then get onto denon and tell them you are trying to self help seeing as you have not received the disks,As i have sold my 3910 to another member the s/n i have is his by right and have only used to check out the website,maybe another member might let you use there's or send you the disks,

5. spooney

spooney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +204
    Actually it just needs to be bought in the EU. I bought my player from Amazon, who are based in Luxemburg from a legal point but I do not know from which country/Vendor they actually get the players. Still the serial number worked on the web page.

6. armchair bri

armchair bri

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Here is a link to (here's the 3910 hack page's)and a post by Colgate7110 post #578 in which he has hosted the firmware for members to download it is a zip file containing 3 zip files,there is lots of information in these posts about downloading and writing files to disc,http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154394&highlight=denon3910&page39

7. jvm

jvm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have downloaded the update and installed it. Good job as the guy at Denon says despite the fact he now has the discs he doesn't have any envelopes to post them out to me. That was a week ago! It has definitely fixed the HDCD issues between the projector and the DVD player however I can't get and audio through the HDMI cable into my Onko TXSR875 amp. Any Ideas why?

8. armchair bri

armchair bri

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    First of all i have the denon dvd 3930/avr4306amp/pioneer 506 plasma, stright hdmi to screen denon link to amp,never used hdmi for sound so how things work in your set up i don't know, when you downloaded the firmware and burned the files to three seperate discs did you initialize the player first then install the discs in the correct order then initialize the player again, this will set the dvd to factory settings, you will have to check the instruction books (dvd/amp) for what sort of hdmi signal you can use for audio, the dvd hdmi is 1.1/amp 1.3a/ projector 1.2,If you can explain your connections perhaps someone will know what to do, i see you have sky hd /ps3, Brian.

9. jvm

jvm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I did the installation as described. The digital out works fine so I'm using that at the moment. It's only a minor problem and I can't be sure the hdmi did audio before the up grade anyway as I used to have the dvd player linked up with denon link on the previous amp. The Sky HD and the PS3 work fine through HDMI. I appreciate your help though.