Firmware Upgrade for Arcam DV27

Y

yatesd

Hi,

Realised the other day that I still had 1.78 and not 1.79, so checked around and read all teh details of differences and got Arcam to send me out an upgrade CD (I am out in Germany at the minute).

In the meantime I had gone in to ask at my local Arcam stockist who checked around and told me that there are negatives and positives to the upgrade and said it was up to me whether I wanted to do it.

Anyone out there know what the supposed negatives are to this upgrade. Has everyone else upgraded???

I have checked out enytech and there are no details of any negative impacts.

Thanks,

Dave.

I upgraded from 1.74 to 1.79 about 2 weeks ago and haven't noticed any real differences, good or bad!

Upgrading is easy and pretty much automatic, just follow the instructions.

Well I'd certainly like to know what the supposed negatives are guys :)

All information gratefully received, including the name of the dealer who told you this (by PM if you wish).

John Dawson (Arcam)

Hi John,

Thanks for responding and checking out users views and comments on these boards.

I was a little surprised by teh dealers comments I must admit, and as no one else has mentioned it went ahead with the upgrade as described (by the way full marks to your customer support team - spoke to the Monday, disks arrived out in Germany Wednesday).

The upgrade went smoothly, and everything still works.

The only strange behavious I have noticed since the upgrade is that I watched a new disk, "Deluxe Remastered version of Fifth Element - Region 1", when watching DTS ES version the pause functionality stops working along with most of the other buttons ("Audio", "Mem") only could use Menu and Stop.

Obviously very annoying as no way to stop watching for a while and carry one without jumping through chapters. Will try other discs this weekend and also post in another forum to see if this is a known problem with the Region 1 version of this disc (this is my guess).

As for the name of the dealer, not sure if I want to get him in trouble or anything, he is new to the Arcam range and loves the products. When asked he admitted he did not know and could not do it there and then, but asked around himself and got hold of the discs and offered the upgrade.

I will be in their at the weekend (just can't help myself) and will mention that I have heard nothing about negative effects and tell him the exact opposite to try and ensure that he does not feed anyone else wrong imformation.

Anyway, long post now,

Thanks all,

Dave.

Sorry forgot that that disc is not Region 1 - it is Region 2 is simply the German version that has English DTS ES as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom