1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

Firmware upgrade causes Lipsync problems

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by cwoj, Sep 26, 2004.

1. cwoj

cwoj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Pace freeview box, was offered a firmware upgrade the other night, so i clicked yes and waited the usual 20 mins for the software to download and install. Since then the epg is sporadic and the unit often hangs for around 30 seconds. If that wasnt bad enough, i have noticed the most (hard to see on cebeebies) channels have a audio delay giving me a lipsync problem?

Any one else had this? what can i do?

Cheers

Chris

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You have to reboot after an upgrade. Have you done this?

3. Archie Fax

Archie Fax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    My pace dtva now has constant lip sync problems - since the latest update- when changing channel. Plus traffic break up (I'm in a poor reception area and nothing I can do about it) throws the sound out of sync as well.

This latest software update has rendered the box unusable. :thumbsdow

4. cwoj

cwoj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes...

very upset now :(

I only live twp m,iles from emily moor mast and have direct line of sight.... reception couldnt be any better?

5. cwoj

cwoj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone? :suicide:

6. Adam Gilchrist

Adam Gilchrist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My DTVA had this audio video sync thing - anything up to a second. I emailed Pace, they replied that there were a number of issues with the latest software, and I could return the box to them for a software "downgrade" if I'd like, which I've done.

I'd suggest doing the same - and never accepting future software "upgrades"

Hope this helps!

7. cwoj

cwoj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers, thanks for your help

:(

8. cwoj

cwoj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have rung pace, they have told me that they are aware of the problem and are working on a way to fix this. They say ot may be fixed on a software update in Nov. They are unwilling to take the box back or role back the software update. Basically, its tough, learn to live with the sync problems!!!!!!

:(

9. Adam Gilchrist

Adam Gilchrist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's not what they said to me. I'd try again, or if the box is less than a year old, get a refund. In it's current state the box is quite clearly not fit for it's intended use.

I had a Pace Twin for 6 months - the worst piece of electrical equipment I've ever owned. Every software "update" failed to fix the basic problems with the box.

I wouldn't rely on a software update to correct this problem - insist on them replacing the software with the previous version.

Cheers,

Adam.

10. cwoj

cwoj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am now thinking that i might just plonk it into the kids bedroom so that they can watch cebeebies. whats the best freeview box on the market? i;ve heard that the sonys a good one? any views?