Firmware update history?

SnowJim

Hi,

I got a LG OLED65C8 that I have hade a major problem with. When connecting like this :

Nvidia Shield > HDMI > LG OLED > Optic or ARC(HDMI) > Yamaha AVR

I got sound drop out for seconds at random times. I tried a lot of solutions for this, even switched cables but nothing solved the problem. Now, 8-9 month later I connect it the same way and it works!? So now I'm trying to find out what changed, the only thing I can think of it that the LG OLED have got a couple of firmware updates since I tried the last time. I do however not find a good log on what LG really fixed with these firmwares, do you know where I can find this information?

Regards

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Each firmware update will have a changelog associated with it. Check-out the LG website. Don’t expect much though. The logs are very light on detail. Find your TV on the relevant LG site then select downloads and take it from there.

SnowJim

Each firmware update will have a changelog associated with it. Check-out the LG website. Don’t expect much though. The logs are very light on detail. Find your TV on the relevant LG site then select downloads and take it from there.

I was looking there yesterday but did not find any details often it just said updated minor things.

ken996

Novice Member
Major firmware up date coming tomorrow 11/17
Let’s hope it corrects the hdmi 2.2 4K issues and the E arc issues as well
I’ve need waiting for a week now for this firmware release the prior ones have been minor and in some cases made things worse like e arc

ken996

Novice Member
No not yet I’m still waiting and hoping for the best mpg said they will call me when it launches

PlexShaw

This thread is someone with a C8 TV asking for advice and has nothing to do with the C1/G1 firmware to fix the HDCP 2.2 issue.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom