Firmware update for Lumagen Vision DVI

damo_in_sale

Hi chaps,

I've just seen this on the firmware updates...

Production Release 122206- Adds support for 1080-24p, 1080-25p and 1080-30p as input sources on all the current units.

Surely that doesn't include my little Vision DVI?

I don't think I've updated my firmware for around six months to be honest.

Cheers,

Damo

Eitzel

It states "all current units" and that's what it means, including the DVI. I've got 010807 on mine at the moment. The "Force Film" modes on both PAL and NTSC work a treat. Check it out. :clap:

damo_in_sale

It states "all current units" and that's what it means, including the DVI. I've got 010807 on mine at the moment. The "Force Film" modes on both PAL and NTSC work a treat. Check it out. :clap:

Wow, Lumagen really do pull out all of the stops for their customers, seriously impressed. What inputs does 1080p work on? Can the DVI sacale 1080p?

Cheers,

Damo

Eitzel

damo_in_sale

All it says is this:

DVI input accepts 480/576i, 1080i, 480p to 720p input formats

damo_in_sale

Bump.

Can the Lumagen Vision DVI scale a 1080p source?

Cheers,

Damo

damo_in_sale

Bump :)

damo_in_sale

I think that article on my website needs updated. I think that on the DIGITAL inputs 1080p24 is probably do-able on DVI. I will check for you all though.

Gordon

Thanks Gordon. Can you also check if my little DVI can scale 1080p24 please (say to 1024x768*48/72Hz). If so then that opens up a lot of options for the future :)

damo_in_sale

damo_in_sale

Thanks Gordon. Can you also check if my little DVI can scale 1080p24 please (say to 1024x768*48/72Hz). If so then that opens up a lot of options for the future :)

damo_in_sale

Also, will my Lumagen be able to pixel map to a 50 inch Panny PHD, or is there too little bandwidth?

damo_in_sale

scumball

Distinguished Member
Thread - back from the dead...anyone help?

Can the VisionDVI take in a 1080p24 signal on the DVI input and scale to 1024x768 @ 24p?

If so, can I force the EDID to 1080p24 only so my XE1 pushes out 1080p24?

I think the answer is no, but can anyone confirm that the VisionDVI cannot IVTC 1080i60 to 1024x768p24?

Generally speaking is the DVI an okay alternative to the HDP with my 720p screen?

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Thread - back from the dead...anyone help?

Can the VisionDVI take in a 1080p24 signal on the DVI input and scale to 1024x768 @ 24p?

If so, can I force the EDID to 1080p24 only so my XE1 pushes out 1080p24?

I think the answer is no, but can anyone confirm that the VisionDVI cannot IVTC 1080i60 to 1024x768p24?

Generally speaking is the DVI an okay alternative to the HDP with my 720p screen?

1080P24 in.....I don't know. I suspect it might. However I don't know whether your XE1 is capable of 1080p24 output.
It cannot IVTC 1080i60 to [email protected] Does anything accept such a resolution anyway?

DVI is a great solution if you don't need HD processing for film sources. The upscaling in HDP is better too.

scumball

Distinguished Member
1080P24 in.....I don't know. I suspect it might. However I don't know whether your XE1 is capable of 1080p24 output.
It cannot IVTC 1080i60 to [email protected] Does anything accept such a resolution anyway?

DVI is a great solution if you don't need HD processing for film sources. The upscaling in HDP is better too.

XE1 can output 1080p24 if the EDID is correct - it cannot be forced. I presumed my PH9 would accept native resolution at 24p as it accepts 1080p24 over the VGA. I guess if we're not sure the Vision DVI will take in the signal it's a gamble.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Roku announces new Streaming Stick 4K and OS 10.5
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
T+A announces high end 200 Series audio components
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Trinnov Altitude update adds new features
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Panasonic TVs welcome Disney+