Firmware Thread - Current: Ver 7.51

hippo99

Distinguished Member
Does it have the most important option? The ability to delete old notifications?!? :)
Sony, I don’t need the ability to keep game invite notifications from 2016, thanks :facepalm:

jouster

Does it have the most important option? The ability to delete old notifications?!? :)
Sony, I don’t need the ability to keep game invite notifications from 2016, thanks :facepalm:
Yes it does.

Unfortunately you still can’t delete game saves for anything you’ve played for 60 seconds before.

jouster

hippo99

Distinguished Member
Sorry not game saves. I meant trophy sections for games you’ve started but never got a trophy on. Seems crazy you can’t delete them
Oh you can. As long as you’ve not achieved a single trophy, you can delete the trophy. You can also do it in the app as well.

Press options when you’re in your trophy games list & you can delete (don’t go into the trophy list of the actual game).
7B6651EF-C71B-47ED-B55C-A65DBAEE498F.jpeg

79333984-CBEC-48E4-9EBE-4F2B3753F7EE.jpeg

Batman now gone from my list
1AD4D07A-2E2D-40C0-9E15-3D538D7D05E9.jpeg

Last edited:

jouster

If anyone has a beta code they'd be happy to let me have please pm me it :)
let me know if you haven’t got one yet and I’ll PM one over

jouster

Sniper gw3 has crashed twice in 20mins since update.

Stinja

Well 5.50 bricked a mate's PS4 Pro.

To be fair it was a bit unstable beforehand, and gets heavy usage, but the firmware pushed it over...

FadgewackeR

Distinguished Member
Well 5.50 bricked a mate's PS4 Pro.

To be fair it was a bit unstable beforehand, and gets heavy usage, but the firmware pushed it over...
Not good to hear that :/ Mines been acting up recently so that’s concerning.

LotusElan

I can't say I'd recommend 5.50 from today's experience - our Pro now doesn't want to play nice with the TV (LG OLED55C7). Initially there was a lot of flicking to black screen and now there's no signal at all (according to the TV anyway). Can still hear sound via the amp though. What's odd is that we can see a picture via the projector...

BigAardvaark

For balance, our Pro is running great on 5.5, good update, some really useful features in this one :)

Sonic67

Banned
PS4

Latest Version: 5.53

This system software update improves system perfomance.

Of note is you need to agree to how the PS4 uses data on you. Also I had to "input my face" into the PS4 camera again.

hippo99

Distinguished Member
Of note is you need to agree to how the PS4 uses data on you. Also I had to "input my face" into the PS4 camera again.
Yeah practically every service you’re signed up for in the UK/EU will be asking you to confirm your data ‘consent’ due to the new GDPR law coming in.
Could new data laws end up bankrupting your company?
Already had to do this for a couple of bank accounts. Will probably get something from Amazon & other retailers, I buy stuff from, in the coming month as well.