Firmware Thread - Current ver: 20.02-02.50.00

legend_of_chaos

Just downloaded the update and it turned my PS5 into a kettle
20201125_145843.jpg

rio1981

Glad the disc-based install thing is fixed - been holding off installing Miles Morales because I'd installed and have been playing through Sackboy.

Will get that bad boy installed now.

sonysean

I had the USB issue in rest mode but haven’t tested since updating to see if its fixed.

However since updating I’ve had mine crash for the first time while trying to fast travel in Miles Morales. I couldn’t close the game or anything, even holding down the power button did nothing. I ended up having to unplug the console and plug it back in.

legend_of_chaos

I had the USB issue in rest mode but haven’t tested since updating to see if its fixed.

However since updating I’ve had mine crash for the first time while trying to fast travel in Miles Morales. I couldn’t close the game or anything, even holding down the power button did nothing. I ended up having to unplug the console and plug it back in.
I had to do that the other night on spiderman remastered, could only unplug to resolve the freeze.

sonysean

I had to do that the other night on spiderman remastered, could only unplug to resolve the freeze.

Obviously not related to this latest firmware update then. Possibly just a random bug with the Spiderman games?
Hopefully it doesn't happen too often. I've gone many years with very little crashes on PS4 (can't actually remember any crashes where I had to actually unplug it though).

Stinja

Distinguished Member
Updated first post/thread, all i could find was:

Version 20.02-02.26.00

• This system software update improves system performance.
  • An issue where installed disc versions of games were sometimes deleted was resolved.
  • An issue that prevented the PS5 wireless controller from being charged while in rest mode when connected to the PS5's front side USB Type-A port using the USB cable included with some PS5 consoles was resolved.
Version 20.02-02.25.00

• An issue where users couldn't download games because only the "Queued for Download" or "View Details" option was displayed was resolved. If you encounter this issue, update the system software to the latest version, and then try starting your PS5 in safe mode to rebuild the database.

Last edited:

legend_of_chaos

Obviously not related to this latest firmware update then. Possibly just a random bug with the Spiderman games?
Hopefully it doesn't happen too often. I've gone many years with very little crashes on PS4 (can't actually remember any crashes where I had to actually unplug it though).
I never had 1 crash on my ps3 or ps4 where I had to unplug it, infact I can't remember a single crash at all.

Mikeni77

I had a freeze and auto turn off half an hour into a spider man session today. Restarted fine and sent a bug report. This was just after installing the latest update. I remember these kinds of issued with the 1st gen ps4 as well. They'll have it sorted soon.

ChewyWahid

The amazon app cannot stream video anymore. Youtube is fine though and online gaming.

Stinja

Distinguished Member
Update time! 868MB

Version 20.02-02.50.00
  • In rare cases, the PS4 version of a game would install from the disc after you upgraded to and installed the PS5 version. Now, when you insert the PS4 game disc, the PS4 version won't install unexpectedly.
  • You can now select and edit video clips using Share Factory Studio from your media gallery.
(first post updated too)

FevreDream

Mine installed the latest update yesterday.

winka45

That ps4 disc update came a bit too late for me, bought a hdd so ps4 games install to that now instead of PS5.

But really annoying it keep installing the PS4 version aswell as the PS5 version

Ultrasonic

I'm trying to find out if there are still concerns over using rest mode? I've seen some suggestions that firmware updates may have resolved the problems but reading the release notes above its far from clear this has been addressed? All that seems clear is that it should now be possible to charge the controller via the front USB port in rest mode.

Toasty

Distinguished Member
I'm trying to find out if there are still concerns over using rest mode? I've seen some suggestions that firmware updates may have resolved the problems but reading the release notes above its far from clear this has been addressed? All that seems clear is that it should now be possible to charge the controller via the front USB port in rest mode.

I have been using rest mode for a while now, no issues and controllers charge fine. I do not use an external drive, which may complicate things, but the only time I fully power off is when I'm not mid completing a game..

skysnapper

Been using rest mode since day one in fact I don't think I have ever even turned it off yet, due to lockdown ps5 has been getting some hammering interns of playtime and I've not had a single issue. However I charge my jjoypad charges from back usb (only because I don't like wires at front) although first month I did use front, and I don't use usb external drive

SunnyIntervals

Miles Morales was causing problems for Rest Mode, if you used Resume it would crash. I've completed and deleted that game and I always use Rest Mode now, no problems with the other games I have installed.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 24th February 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
LG opens up webOS platform to TV manufacturers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
NAD launches MDC USB DSD upgrade module
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published