Firmware on OEM DVD

N

NickBull

I looked at the firmware site for a patch for my Pioneer dvd106s
and it had a big warning saying do not apply these patches to OEM models.

Is there a way to hack the firmware on OEM models at all or am i stuck with it as it is?

Thanks

Nick

Nick
i bought a oem model from ccl the same as your self and i had no problems with the firmware patch, let me know if you have any problems, i understand Roland is coming next week to install your barco it isn't so important if it's not up and running properly mine wasn't ready when Roland came to install it, it was however ready when it he came some weeks later to set the pj up properly.

Let me know if i can help

regards

richard

Things are going better now I sorted the problem. Brought it into work for our Tech guy to look at and it worked, full resolutions and colour depth. Decided my old monitor was just too old! All that trauma and it was just the monitor!

Got a new monitor and everything looks great. Got DVDGeni and Powerstrip and I can always use the ATI player if I need to for a bit.

Can't wait for next Wednesday, I need a halfway decent picture to justify the large box hanging from the ceiling. Region selection is not a top priority at the moment, apart from her favorite film is REG1 and I think I promised she could watch it first!!!!

Hows the new card, are you getting the results you wanted now?
Also, did you say you slowed down the drive on your PC?

Cheers

Nick

Richard,

Thanks for the offer of help too. I'm going to have a play tonight as I only got it working properly last night. IF I get stuck then I'll take you up on it.

I really need powerstrip sorting first job as I'm going for a 16:9 screen. There seems to be some 16:9 preset resolution, but need to check the refresh rate too.

Where did you get Win DVD from? Been all round leeds this lunchtime and no one has it!

Cheers

Nick

I've updated to the new Firmware v1.22, but It is still stuck in RPC2 and I have used up all the changes!

The drive says the firmware is correct so I'm a bit stuck. I suppose if it comes down to it I'll just get another drive and leave that set as R1.

Any Ideas?

Cheers

Nick:(

Originally posted by redbull
I've updated to the new Firmware v1.22, but It is still stuck in RPC2 and I have used up all the changes!

Nick,

Usually the firmware itself is RPC2 and you need to find patched version for it to be RPC1 (region free). A quick search has brought this version up

http://digilander.iol.it/firmware1/dvd106_122rpc1.zip

and I hope it solves the problem.

For nayone else the best source of firmware updates (including patched versions is from:-

http://www.firmware.fr.st

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom