• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Firmware 2.35 now available for download

DisguisedCoot

Established Member
stability for some PS3 titles have been improved, i think its related to the GTA4 issues on mthe 60gig versions of the ps3

onkeh

Prominent Member
Japan site usually first to update I'll check to see if there's anything.

onkeh

Prominent Member
It just says "increased stability for some PS3 software". They often sneak other stuff into updates unannouced though so I guess it'll be a while before we figure out all the bits and bobs.

barahawk

Established Member
Touch wood, but I have a 60GB PS3 and GTA4. I've only had a couple of minor problems in like 15-25 hours of play, they are one freeze which I noticed the HDD light was flashing away left it for about 5-10 seconds and it continued on like normal. Also, when I was quitting the game it was saving and it appeared to stall, but it did not loose my settings next time I played. Either I'm really lucky with mine or something but like I said - touch wood it stays the same :)

ukflyboy

Standard Member
There always seems to be an update for the PS3. I went to play COD4 yesterday and it needed a game update and 2.30 download... I go to play with a mate today and its a 2.35 update:mad:. Thats all fine and dandy if you have uber speed broadband but it takes over 3 hours for one update on my connection!
I admire sonys commitment to optimising their console but I wish they would just get it right and be done with it!

The Gooner

Established Member
There always seems to be an update for the PS3. I went to play COD4 yesterday and it needed a game update and 2.30 download... I go to play with a mate today and its a 2.35 update:mad:. Thats all fine and dandy if you have uber speed broadband but it takes over 3 hours for one update on my connection!
I admire sonys commitment to optimising their console but I wish they would just get it right and be done with it!

You obviously dont boot it up regularly, I think 2.3 came out about 3 weeks ago

Zeromajor

Prominent Member

It's better than not getting supported, don't you agree?

C225

Distinguished Member
Just did mine seemed to take a while for me on my 8meg to download usually takes 5 mins but this took at least 10 so america must be awake.

hodg100

Distinguished Member

You could always downoad to a USB memory stick from the website. It always seems much quicker than doing it through the PS:)

Here

Zeromajor

Prominent Member
So any ideas on what this update is and what it brings?

Still at work :(

As mentioned before it improves stability to a number of unnamed ps3 titles (not gta4).

I really wish sony would start issuing release notes with the updates...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom