Firmware 2.0 to 1.5 - NOW RELEASED

yep, i've heard it works fine too. I've also heard that there are dev teams out there that already have the b@stard love child of f/w 1.50 and 2.00 running on their psps. they're not giving it to us yet tho

chrislad said:
Buff, it works fine. I've a JAP PSP and it worked with no problems. I tried to update again via Network Update and it was going to let me.

Thanks mate, Chrislad seems your the pro on this, any chance on a step by step guide to using the downgrader, please as if your doing it for a lamer?

Appreciate it.

Chrislad dont worry about the tutorial mate, the nets buzzing with them!

Well ive took the plunge after much, shall I,shant I!, and now im set up for homebrew..ahem ISO's...

Tell you what though I was bricking it all the way!

I'll almost certainly be buying a PSP now. Knowing I have the option to downgrade and enable homebrew has swung the decision.

I saw some nut has managed to run Windows 95 on their PSP LOL.

BuFF DaDDy said:
Chrislad dont worry about the tutorial mate, the nets buzzing with them!

Well ive took the plunge after much, shall I,shant I!, and now im set up for homebrew..ahem ISO's...

Tell you what though I was bricking it all the way!

I was the exact same. The numerous error screens and lock ups don't help. It's more than worth it though. I love my PSP even more now! Just have to get that homebrew wallpaper app and I'm sorted. Well, maybe that MP3 streaming and Radio Streaming one too.

Glad I did it though, whats the wallpaper app called? I miss my spiderman one lol

I had an original US 1.5 which I stupidly upgraded. However I have now downgraded back to 1.5 and was playing doom earlier. Had a trip to ebay as well for some really interesting discs

Yep, were all singing the 1.50 theme tune!

:smashin:

I'm lucky that I got a 1.5 US at release. I'm just waiting for several threads where people have killed their PSP by trying the downgrade! I'm glad for those of you who have had success and can try, er... legally backed up iso dumps and homebrew.

Just bought one from Japan. If I downgrade to 1.5, will I need to re-upgrade to play Burnout Legends and then vice versa? That sound like it'd be a pain

Makes me laugh that people spend money on the most up to date games stuff and then straight away try to find ways to play all the old games they used to have on old consoles before they sold those cause they got bored of them.
I am probably in a minority as I have most of my old games consoles so when some nostalgia comes over me I can get just them out and play.

Can you play them in a car? :)

Jan20 said:
Just bought one from Japan. If I downgrade to 1.5, will I need to re-upgrade to play Burnout Legends and then vice versa? That sound like it'd be a pain

Use WAB Changer to make your PSP think it's 2.0.

chrislad said:
Use WAB Changer to make your PSP think it's 2.0.

I did and it works like a dream!

:smashin:

smallmanongn said:
No but I am not that desperate to!
Can you play them for hours and hours on a large screen TV!

Yes, as I have a modded Xbox :)

I have my NES in the attic but it's acting up and to be honest, I just don't have room for a NES, MegaDrive, SNES and Xbox in my room. Since the Xbox plays all 4, plus the N64 and Arcade games, I'm happy with that.

When using the Wab changer - is there any way of doing it without having to pulg the machine into a power supply??

A pain if u need to do whilst out and about if not

Just got my psp last night, and am dead pleased with it. Looking at going from v2 to v1.5 I came across this rather disturbing article (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/10/07/psp_trojan/) seems you can find yourself with a ver expensive doorstop if you get the wrong downgrader. Somehow I don't think Sony would be all that sympathetic ....

Can't seem to find any other articles but to everyone that is thinking of downgrading a little caution might be in order .....

Get your files from a reputable site (and not from a torrent) and you'll be fine.

I recommend PSPUpdates.com

chrislad said:
Get your files from a reputable site (and not from a torrent) and you'll be fine.

Ahhhh a reputable site, yes I suppose that is an option, but where is the fun? No risk of spyware, no popups, no lawsuits ..... :D

thanks for the recomendation will be poking around tonight!

Dont Have To Upgrade To Play Burnout Just Start It Through Fastloader And It Bypasses The Upgrade Screen

I had a strange one, tried to do the downgrade (I had v2.0) - went into the photo section and it hung with some small white writing on the screen. reset it all and the firmware was version 1.00! Put in untold legends and upgraded to 1.5 - job's a good'un.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom