Firmware 2.0 to 1.5 - NOW RELEASED

I will probably downgrade. I'd rather have an emulator over a web browser. I've a wireless enabled laptop anyway.

Going to wait a few days though. Let a lot more people before me try it. I'm not under warranty with Sony as it's a JAP PSP.

Brilliant news!!!!

It works. The PSP will lock two or three times and you will need to pull out the battery. Give error at 99%.

I've 1.5 now, but I miss my custom background :(

Having a bit of trouble loading roms. The SNES emulator won't pick them up. Where should they be stored and what should the extension be? They are .smc at the moment. Same goes for NES, MegaDrive games. Nothing is showing up.

think I will wait a while to do this dont wanna mess up the psp

Darn. Only just got my 1.5 from Japan delivered today. Oh well.

neilo said:
think I will wait a while to do this dont wanna mess up the psp

I was a bit concerned but I said I'd just go for it. I'm now playing Kid Icarus on my PSP. All is well in the world.

Don't feel too bad anticlaus105,
I just bought a 1.50 off the forums at 7.30pm tonight, ermm, LOL.

Be happy; you can now hop up to 2.0 and back as and when you fancy, which you couldn't this afternoon...

Anyway, hope you're just enjoying your new toy.

Even I could do this...Just follow the instructions carefully and when a reboot is required pull the battery out and then the AC cord to turn the PSP off, then battery back in, AC back in and switch back on.

(The AC is actually only required for the firmware upgrade part)

Hi,

I assume that the 1.5 eboot firmware is American as there wont be one for the EU but is there any specific US settings in that firmware such as the US backwards date!?

Z.

It's US as far as I can tell. Backwards date (those crazy Yanks) is a small price to pay for portable Kid Icarus.

I've always loved homebrew. Just not the piracy of PSP games which led to Sony restricting homebrew.

I assume that if I wanted to play F1 or any others that require firmware version 1.5x or above to run then I'd have to keep switching firmware versions.

Cheers, Lee

Nope, get the WAB Firmware changer. It makes the PSP think it's 1.51, 1.52 or 2.0

Try ps2nfo.com or pspupdates.com. You'll need to do a bit of digging, but it is all in there.

HTH

Hi all,

here's a question for you, for those that have updated to v2.0 EU/UK and then downgraded to v1.5 US, have you been able to update back to v2.0 EU/UK again (using the official update) or are you now tied to US updates?

Oh and another - I heard there is an issue playing video under 1.5 where the video is stretched by the PSP to fit 16:9. Does this mean all encoded video has to be 'pre-squashed' to 4:3 size? Or can video encoded in the 1.85 ratio work OK?

Cheers,
z.

PS yes, I am getting interested in homebrew, but I am still waiting for something decent (not emulators - I am not interested in that, OK, maybe the Amiga emulator for some Ikari Warriors!) to come along that takes my fancy, such as universal remote control software or a fully feldged decent OS.

The update is detirmined by your PSP-100* number. I'm PSP-1000 so I get JAP updates. PSP-1001 is US, PSP-1003 is EU. There's another one for EU as well. Either way, when you update, you'll get the update relevant to your region. You are not limited to the US updates.

The video issue will be present as it was present in 1.5. It was only fixed in 2.0 so unfortunately, you will lose that feature, at least until 2.0 is cracked properly.

It's a shame, but I'd rather have homebrew over a web browser, but I would prefer the new avc format for my videos. It really boils down to what you want.

Can you still upgrade back to 2.0 when you have downgraded?, im still abit weary about doing this to be honest, i love my PSP.

Buff, it works fine. I've a JAP PSP and it worked with no problems. I tried to update again via Network Update and it was going to let me.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom