1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

Firewire to DVI cable

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by paulcollins14, Oct 11, 2004.

1. paulcollins14

paulcollins14
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have looked through the old posts and cannot find anything relating to this.

Is it possible to view digital video without any alalogue conversion ?

I have a Sony TRV 33 that has firewire out, which is great for my PC but if I want to view video on my plasma and can only do it via s video. My plasma does have a DVI input but so far I can't find a cable that is firewire at one end and DVI at the other.

Hope someone can help !

Thanks

Paul

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    TBH I had never really thought about this until reading your post, but AFAIK it is not possible. I am fairly sure that DV as on the camcorder & PC is not the same connection type as DVI on your plasma.
    DV aka ieee1394, iLink and firewire was origionally designed by Apple for connecting external devices to an Apple Mac and was around long before plasma screens with digital inputs.

Personally I think that just for viewing of the video footage S-Video on the plasma is plenty good enough and I would not worry too much about a digital connection to the plasma.

Mark.