1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firewire problem

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by RobPowell, Aug 15, 2005.

1. RobPowell

RobPowell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there

I just built a new system and firewire seems to be working okay (although no way to test), but when I hook up my mv600i to it, the PC won't detect it.

The camcorder shows as "DV In" so that "sees" the connection, but the PC just won't connect.

Can anyone suggest a course of action?

2. DigiStuff

DigiStuff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

What exactly won't connect?? If it's editing software then please let us know which one and version.

We just all need a little more information to be able to help you out!

Cheers for now

DigiStuff

3. RobPowell

RobPowell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply! okay I am using pinnacle studio 9 patched up fully, but I don't think that's really the problem.

On my old system windows would detect when I plugged the camcorder in and switched on, this one doesn't even do that!

or do you think it's a problem with pinnacle?

4. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not used pinnacle 9, however I have had problems with canons in the past, if you have the option in the 'settings' menu in the capture window then select the most basic version of device control that you can (in fact just check that you have selected PAL for the UK or NTSC for the US)

If still no dice then you have to into the 'start' menu on windows, go to 'control panel' , go into 'system' , go into 'hardware', go into 'device manager' look for 'IEEE1394 Bus host Controllers' (it is likely there will be a 'hazard' sign next to it) click to expand, highlight the approporate device, left click then let windows find a driver for you (you may want to try this offline first)