1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fIREWIRE PROBELM WITH WINDOWS XP - PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by RecordablDVDfan, Jun 22, 2004.

1. RecordablDVDfan

RecordablDVDfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I've installed a pci firewire card but although the driver shows up in device manger I get a yellow excvlamation mark. The Texas Instruments driver is shown. When I try to re-install this driver or another I found I get This device cannot start (Code 10)

What is this all about and how can I resolve this ? I can not find anywhere the XP firewire driver or any help an apparent XP DV update is also available but nowhere to be found!

Please can anyone help as I've wasted many hours trying to get somewhere but nowhere :-(

2. RBJTech

RBJTech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Did the card not come with any drivers ? (must admit though, XP usually is happy to install it without them). Try downloading a driver from the manafacturers website and do a driver re-install pointing at this new driver.

Make sure you are running SP1, also I hear that WM9 and Movie Maker 2 also update a lot of the video kernal so worth making sure these are installed as well. SP2 beta is also out but that's related more to security issues than general bug fixes so I'd steer clear until it's officially released.

Other possible solution, try another PCI slot (could be a bus master issue)

Good luck!

3. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The first thing I would try would be to unistal the card in device manager (not physically just use the command in device manager) then from within device manager instruct your computer to find new hardware - this does a new instal and often corrects the problem.

4. RecordablDVDfan

RecordablDVDfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Nope it's no go. I'm getting This device cannot start. (Code 10) with a yellow exclamation mark. PCI Slot 6 (PCI bus 0, device 19, function 0)

I have 5 diferent sys files relating to 1394 in the driver file section, should I delete any of these ? Why would moving the card to a diff slot help ?

5. RecordablDVDfan

RecordablDVDfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I have put the card in slot 2. The texas instruments driver installs ok BUT Now the 1394 Net adapter does'nt and when I plug in the JVC camcorder this does'nt install either. JVC subunit shows under other devices. What's going on ??