1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firewire Card + software? Any Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by fremar, Apr 25, 2003.

1. fremar

fremar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone give me any suggestions as to where I could buy a firewire card, including decent editing software for a reasonable price?

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    A decent price and decent software depends on your point of view.
    you can go to www.ebuyer.co.uk and do a search to see what you think fits the bill.
    Pinnacle Studio 8 is very popular and has many features beyond the basics. This will set you back from under £100 including DV capture card.
    If you want real editing power then the standard seams to be Adobe Premiere 6.5, but this will cost several hundreds of pounds.

Mark.

3. Dennis Leighton

Dennis Leighton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Hi Fremar,
    With a great deal of help from this Forum I was able to obtain from www.keene.co.uk the Firewire kit consisting of IEEE 1394 PCI Host card with three firewire ports together with a 2 metre Firewire cable (4 pin to 6 pin) and Video Wave lll and Photo Suite lll discs all for £34.99 plus £2.50 postage. I 'phoned the order Tuesday (22 April) and it was delivered today Friday (25 April)

4. fremar

fremar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot Gents.

I'll decide over the weekend which one to go for - but for a starter package the setup from Keene looks favourite.

5. Dennis Leighton

Dennis Leighton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
  6. fremar

fremar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dennis

I've been made aware of the need to guard against static discharge on previous occasions and I have always used the method outlined by kevenh in the thread you started on the subject. Its interesting to read an article about it though.

Thanks for the advice