Firestick VPN question

Geoggy

I’m trying to install Windscribe onto a Firestick but not getting anywhere.

it doesn’t come up on search.

is there a way to side load it?

Geoggy

Windscribe as per OP

Upvote 0

oneman

There is a Android APK you can try side loading however depending on your firestick it could be as old as Android 7

Upvote 0

Geoggy

There is a Android APK you can try side loading however depending on your firestick it could be as old as Android 7
How do I find a link?

Upvote 0

oneman

How do I find a link?
Google ?

In all seriousness I use apkpure and never had problems with their files. It says Android 4.2+ so it should install on the firestick. Be aware the interface may be designed for touchscreens so you may need a keyboard / mouse attached to the firestick or it might with the firestick remote control phone app.

Upvote 0

Geoggy

Have sorted it. It was the age of my firestick. Upgraded to a 4K one and Windscribe is now a native app.

I had tried google for apk links but turned up nothing - is there a website that lists them all I missed?

Upvote 0

TNVolsfan

Novice Member
Trying NordVPN and ExpressVPN on Amazon’s Firestick to watch blackout MLB games. In order to make it all work I have to uninstall MLB app, chose my server location, then reinstall MLB app. This is a nuisance. Anyone have suggestions for smother service?

Upvote 0

oneman

My router has a openvpn client and can route traffic from specific devices, that way the device doesn't know it's using a VPN.

Upvote 0

raz77

Not sure about sport but express vpn on firestick and cube is perfect for HBO max. I was usin* Apple TV before but kept freezing every 20 minutes. Express vpn app on firestick is perfect. I just chose a US location and all my US apps work fine

Upvote 0

mitch

Distinguished Member
Not sure about sport but express vpn on firestick and cube is perfect for HBO max. I was usin* Apple TV before but kept freezing every 20 minutes. Express vpn app on firestick is perfect. I just chose a US location and all my US apps work fine
How do you get US apps on the fire stick?

Upvote 0

raz77

I have 5 sticks in the house. One is set up as a UK account. The others I set up a US Amazon account, no payment details needed. Then signed in with this account so I could download HBO max and other US services

Upvote 0

raz77

Downloading ExpressVPN or Nord vpn app alone won’t let you download apps like HBO max. This is only available on the US store when you are logged in as a US user. That’s why I set up a US account. I use my Apple TV to watch my UK prime stuff.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom