Firestick now flickers when autoselecting resolution

HackneyRunner

Novice Member
Fine for 9 months, firestick 4k plugged into denon X4700H into a 55' LG oled..... now all of a sudden the firestick flickers black and back again. Cycling through the various display options on the firestick I found that I can get the flickering to stop if I set a specific resolution and refresh rate - but both 50 and 60 hz options make the picture look like nasty video. It was set to auto for this reason. Plugging the stick straight into the tv it works fine, but i didn't buy a nice av amp for nothing.

It's times like this I realise I watch too much tv!

I've powered off, unplugged, left the room and made some tea, tried other hdmi ports, even factory reset the firestick... no dice. All devices are up to date with firmware.

sound familiar, any ideas?

cheers,

HR

unoduo

Tried turning off the video processing (video conversion) on the avr? (Output settings - pg 206 Denon pdf manual).

JB2315

Novice Member
Fine for 9 months, firestick 4k plugged into denon X4700H into a 55' LG oled..... now all of a sudden the firestick flickers black and back again. Cycling through the various display options on the firestick I found that I can get the flickering to stop if I set a specific resolution and refresh rate - but both 50 and 60 hz options make the picture look like nasty video. It was set to auto for this reason. Plugging the stick straight into the tv it works fine, but i didn't buy a nice av amp for nothing.

It's times like this I realise I watch too much tv!

I've powered off, unplugged, left the room and made some tea, tried other hdmi ports, even factory reset the firestick... no dice. All devices are up to date with firmware.

sound familiar, any ideas?

cheers,

HR
I literally have the exact same Tv, with the same receiver, and I’m having the same issues with my firestick. I noticed also that it works fine when plugged directly into my tv rather than running through the Denon. I was wondering if you have come up with a solution?

JB2315

Novice Member
Much appreciated!!

Holding the rewind button and “up” on the directional pad (on the firestick remote) for 15 seconds changes the resolution and makes it a little easier to navigate around without it blinking everyone second. Instead it blinks like every 30 seconds, so it still doesn’t resolve it, but that’s about as far as I have made it.

HackneyRunner

Novice Member
so the word from denon...

Dear Customer,

Please note that it has been confirmed by LG that there is a Dolby Vision issue with B9 and C9 series TV's.

They will be releasing a firmware update soon to resolve this.

best regards

and the LG forums going off...

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom