Firestick + Netflix + Atmos +4k

neilrlsmith

Hi!

To save me trying every single FS out there, can someone please tell me if they have Atmos working via a Firestick (not the Cube). I have a 4k display as 1080p is a known blocker. Thanks.

dion 6

Hi!

To save me trying every single FS out there, can someone please tell me if they have Atmos working via a Firestick (not the Cube). I have a 4k display as 1080p is a known blocker. Thanks.
Ok here we go atmos works on the 4k firestick with Amazon prime and Disney + but not with Netflix I think you need the cube for that as you mentioned above. But you'll be hard pressed to find any atmos content on prime Jack Ryan and a few others

Mike6222

Novice Member
Hi, I'm new here but have a perplexing problem. I bought the new amazon firestick 4k max because netflix is supposed to play dolby atmos though it. It doesn't and my movies show up as 5.1, no atmos icon. I have the ultra account. The firestick is connected directly to a Denon x6200 AVR and dolby atmos plays on the amazon prime video titles (3 I think). Needless to say netflix support can't help. Any ideas please ?

Nels5320

Hi, I'm new here but have a perplexing problem. I bought the new amazon firestick 4k max because netflix is supposed to play dolby atmos though it. It doesn't and my movies show up as 5.1, no atmos icon. I have the ultra account. The firestick is connected directly to a Denon x6200 AVR and dolby atmos plays on the amazon prime video titles (3 I think). Needless to say netflix support can't help. Any ideas please ?
I’m using the new Firestick max with Sonos Arc and receiving Atmos from Amazon, Disney and Netflix.

I've recently bought the Max Firestick and am also getting Dolby Atmos on Prime, Netflix and Disney+ but not on the Apple TV app. TV is connected to a Sonos surround system that has the Beam 2 Atmos enabled soundbar.

bilgsmf

I have an Onkyo TX-NR676 ACR 7.1 and Atmos capable. Have the new Firestick cube also. I dont understand why my receiver cannot crank out Atmos? I know the Atmos can only play as 5.1 and I have tried everything to get the Atmos to work. When I think that I have it configured right and have it set to Atmos, the Dolby Atmos comes on the display but its going in and out and kind of blinking like something is wrong and no sound is coming from any speakers. Does anyone have any suggestions that I have not tried? Frustrating!

Onkyo TX-NR676​

bilgsmf

I also have it connected thru the ARC from the receiver to the 4K tv ARC. HDMI connections are
all 2.0, I have tried it with Netflix Atmos movies and also with Amazon and will not work.

dion 6

Hi on top of your 5.1 speaker system you need at least 2 extra atmos speakers for the avr to send the atmos metadata to the speakers you won't get atmos unless you're got extra atmos speakers 5.1.2 or 5.1.4

Galaxy

I also have it connected thru the ARC from the receiver to the 4K tv ARC. HDMI connections are
all 2.0, I have tried it with Netflix Atmos movies and also with Amazon and will not work.
I just installed a new Firestick 4K plus and signed up to Disney which gives a lot of Atmos media but I suspect I cannot get Atmos to my Samsung Atmos sound bar as my firestick is directly plugged into a Samsung TV HDMI……I assume Atmos does not get transmitted through ARC from screen to bar?
is that correct?

dion 6

I just installed a new Firestick 4K plus and signed up to Disney which gives a lot of Atmos media but I suspect I cannot get Atmos to my Samsung Atmos sound bar as my firestick is directly plugged into a Samsung TV HDMI……I assume Atmos does not get transmitted through ARC from screen to bar?
is that correct?
Atmos will transmit through arc check your tv is Atmos compatible and if it is check yor sound settings to make sure Atmos is enabled

Galaxy

Atmos will transmit through arc check your tv is Atmos compatible and if it is check yor sound settings to make sure Atmos is enabled
Aha thanks, the TV is a 2016 model Sammy 65” so not sure if it will be in fact, I’ll see what I can find.

Galaxy

Well Samsung reckon my TV passes Atmos but no amount of fiddling with the settings will make it work, I have resorted to plugging the Firestick directly into the sound bar which then lights the Atmos LED, and letting the video signal feed via the sound bar ARC HDMI to the Screen for video.
Odd it works one way around but not the other (as it’s using the same cables/connections) but not from the screen to bar…..I can only assume Samsung are wrong.

Galaxy

Today after turning disney on and testing another Atmos film, the bar stayed in Atmos regardless of program until turned switched to another source.

But at least I am getting Atmos

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom