Firestick Lite and Ethernet Adapters

MidNite1

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have the firestick lite and would like to get a ethernet adapter for it. And was wondering which one is the best and also works while using a VPN. I recently tried a ugreen adapter and found that it will not work with the VPN turned on (actually found that it slowed it down compared to being on wifi)

I’ve only ever used the Anazon adapter and it’s fine on all my Fire TV 4k and 4k Firesticks. the adapter should have no ameffect on VPN use though as it’s simply the transport system across your home network. Depending on where you have configured the VPN (at the router affecting all traffic by default), or at the device, and how it is configured, it may be the VPN service/configuration that is responsible for your speed issues, not the physical adapter.

Upvote 0
I’ve only ever used the Anazon adapter and it’s fine on all my Fire TV 4k and 4k Firesticks. the adapter should have no ameffect on VPN use though as it’s simply the transport system across your home network. Depending on where you have configured the VPN (at the router affecting all traffic by default), or at the device, and how it is configured, it may be the VPN service/configuration that is responsible for your speed issues, not the physical adapter.
Thanks, I may have to go to the Amazon one if I can't find another one. Was hoping to get one that was more then 100mbps download. My VPN is at the devices. I did read that some of the ugreen ones did not work with VPN.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom