Firestick 4K and any Receiver

grantmc3

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Will the Firestick 4K just plug into the back of a Receiver (I have an AVR550) and work okay ? I'm concerned it may not be able to pick up the signal from remote control. I don't want to plug it into the TV as I'll need to play about the ARC settings to get the sound back to my Arcam Receiver.

Is anyone using a Firestick plugged into the back of a Receiver / Arcam without any issues ?

Thanks

Last edited:
You should be able to connect the Firestick directly to one of the AV receiver's HDMI inputs. The Firestick is no different to any other HDMI source.

The AV receiver is fully HDCP 2.2 compliant and able to passthrough 4K UHD video.

The only concern I have with mine is the receiver blocking the WiFi signal. Mine kind of rests on the other cables but if it drops down behind the AVR the signal does get erratic. I've been tempted to get a short extension so it isn't blocked in this way

The remote doesn't have any problems at all, it even works in the room next door so I can use it in zone 2.

Last edited:
Cheers for all the replies......I'll take a look at the 4K content available and will probably buy this.

Thanks again

Cheers for all the replies......I'll take a look at the 4K content available and will probably buy this.

Thanks again
My 4k firestick is plugged into my Sony 1080 avr on wifi and works with no problems

Mine is plugged into the back of mine and connected via ethernet cable and works as it should
Do you have a different device with an ethernet socket or are you using a 3rd party adapter with a firestick?

I have the Firestick Ethernet adapter plugged into a gigabit Ethernet switch, so maybe my last post a little confusing

Less confusing and more I'm considering adding one myself. Is yours the official Amazon one and does it work well? I do get decent performance with my WiFi when the sticks not fallen down the back of the receiver and prefer cable for a fixed device if possible.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom