Fireplace thoughts

fredd500

Novice Member
Here's the scenario. I currently have a chimney breast with a gas flue in it and a 'feature electric' fireplace (read illuminated fan heater!). I would like to rip it out, board up the hole and mount my 42" panny on it, couple of units below (similar to Groove's) with my components in it and cabling hidden in the wall.

We don't use the fireplace for heat - prefer the modern convinience of a timed, thermostatically controlled radiator, unfortunately SWMBO likes the fireplace and wants to keep it, but acknowledges that the TV mounted above would be too high. Aparently it makes a good focal point - personally I think a 42" full HD panny makes a great focal point and a fireplace screensaver on a PC aparently won't cut it.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how we can meet in the middle somewhere?

Many Thanks

vex

Novice Member
Depending on the room layout, we mounted ours to the side on a pull out and twist bracket.

Day to Day it is out facing into the room, for parties and visitors it get pushed back and 'hidden' round the corner of the fireplace.

V.

snellfish

Banned
Depending on the room layout, we mounted ours to the side on a pull out and twist bracket.

Day to Day it is out facing into the room, for parties and visitors it get pushed back and 'hidden' round the corner of the fireplace.

V.
any pics of this setup?

vex

Novice Member
It is only (currently) on a 32" but I will try to get some photos sorted for you.

V.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom