Firefox

Setenza

Well despite popular opinion, I still like this movie as much as when I saw it in 82.

The R1 copy is the extended version of the film. The soundtrack has had a 5.1 overhaul and the film benefits from a fairly good anamorphic transfer.

John Dykstras work is still pretty good IMHO, and the film really benefits from the fact that the MiG-31 is the sexiest plane around (the one in the film, not the real one).

on-the-ice2.jpg

There's also a documentary, not only about the making of the film but on Clint as a director. Appears to be made at the time, by a British crew.

Go on, buy it, at least to see Nigel Hawthorne get shot.

Rambo John J

Distinguished Member
That food in Russia's still too rich for me.

Call me a ponce but I'm waiting for someone to drop the price in a sale.:rolleyes: Must be my tightar5e streak

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
I think a lot of the cmps in this are actually quite poor. Watch for the squeezed anamorphic model plane element cmped into a flat vista sky plate...well whacky even by the standards of the day.

Old clinty's not much cop at these vfx extravanganzas ( space cowboys for example)

I really dig the design of the mig though. Remember the old laserdisc game? ( pretty naff gameplay but revolutionary cabinet and H controller paved the way for star wars. Loved it as a kid but 50p a pop was prohibitive.)

MartinImber

Craig Thomas was a work colleagues English teacher - they all hated him!

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom