1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firefox

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Setenza, Oct 22, 2002.

1. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    Well despite popular opinion, I still like this movie as much as when I saw it in 82.

The R1 copy is the extended version of the film. The soundtrack has had a 5.1 overhaul and the film benefits from a fairly good anamorphic transfer.

John Dykstras work is still pretty good IMHO, and the film really benefits from the fact that the MiG-31 is the sexiest plane around (the one in the film, not the real one).

[​IMG]

There's also a documentary, not only about the making of the film but on Clint as a director. Appears to be made at the time, by a British crew.

Go on, buy it, at least to see Nigel Hawthorne get shot.

2. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +950
    That food in Russia's still too rich for me.

Call me a ponce but I'm waiting for someone to drop the price in a sale.:rolleyes: Must be my tightar5e streak

3. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,149
    I think a lot of the cmps in this are actually quite poor. Watch for the squeezed anamorphic model plane element cmped into a flat vista sky plate...well whacky even by the standards of the day.

Old clinty's not much cop at these vfx extravanganzas ( space cowboys for example)

I really dig the design of the mig though. Remember the old laserdisc game? ( pretty naff gameplay but revolutionary cabinet and H controller paved the way for star wars. Loved it as a kid but 50p a pop was prohibitive.)

4. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Craig Thomas was a work colleagues English teacher - they all hated him!