• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

firefox? Digital 8 capture in Vista PC Help pls?

J

junglejim1888

hi guys, nooby here. just got myself a new pc running vista and i want to transfer my videos from my sony handycam ( digital 8 ) but dont know how to go about it, tried a few times and failed, can anyone help please.:lease:

senu

Distinguished Member
It would help to say just what youve done and at what point you got stuck

Am I right in assuming you have used this camcorder on an older XP PC and it works, and that this may be a Vista specific issue

Digital 8, just like MiniDV uses Firewire and should be recognised once plugged into the PC via firewire.
Do you have firewire on your Vista?
If you do and the camcorder isnt seen once connected,, check that the firewire cable works by trying it on another PC

PS: Im not sure your thread title is going to get the help you want..FireFOX??? that is Mozilla isnt it:confused:
Ive just modified it for clarity

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom