• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Firefly fans check this

P

pags payback

If you have broadband, unlike me, then you maybe interested in downloading this completely LEGAL documentary called Done the Impossible about the fans who helped get firefly continued

http://www.legaltorrents.com/index.htm

if you like it show it to someone else then buy the full dvd containing tons of extras, if you want to.

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
HI Pags,

Definitely seems like an excellent documentary. Shame then, that it's not free. The :censored: swines at BitTorrent charge you to download the software, to view the "free" files (around £12 a year)! In other words, it's not free at all! Such a shame. :( Might buy the DVD though, instead!

Pooch

P

pags payback

PoochJD said:
HI Pags,

Definitely seems like an excellent documentary. Shame then, that it's not free. The :censored: swines at BitTorrent charge you to download the software, to view the "free" files (around £12 a year)! In other words, it's not free at all! Such a shame. :( Might buy the DVD though, instead!

Pooch

the :censored: :censored::thumbsdow

sorry guys:(

M

mrgrill

pags payback said:
called Done the Impossible about the fans who helped get firefly continued

Did I miss something? I thought it got cancelled and then JW made Serenity movie?

Are they coming back with another season?

G

gareth_lewis2

No. Done the Impossible relates to JM creating Senerity as the amount of support for the TV swayed the executives into funding one. There probably will never be another FireFly TV series as long as TV companies produce tripe like Blade The TV series.

Starburst

Distinguished Member
Had the doc on pre-order for 8 months, it will be well worth the wait and kudos to the producers for offering a "free" version for those who won't pay $24.80 (uk shipping inc) for what looks like the ultimate Firefly companion set.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
I'm still amazed, after re-watching (again) my DVDs of firefly that this excellent series was cancelled. The humour, characters and stories are all top class.

It is a shame that it was cancelled when so many other crap shows seemed to have gone on forever. Andromeda anyone?? :thumbsdow

lovemunkey187

Established Member
Starburst said:
Had the doc on pre-order for 8 months, it will be well worth the wait and kudos to the producers for offering a "free" version for those who won't pay $24.80 (uk shipping inc) for what looks like the ultimate Firefly companion set.

Where'd you order this from?

P

pags payback

GregHook said:
I'm still amazed, after re-watching (again) my DVDs of firefly that this excellent series was cancelled. The humour, characters and stories are all top class.

It is a shame that it was cancelled when so many other crap shows seemed to have gone on forever. Andromeda anyone?? :thumbsdow

Same here, the problem is it seems if series doesn't fit neatly into preconcieved ideas of what a scifi show should be then the mainstream doesn't immediately like it. They like safe, predictable and the ability to dip in & out without needing to follow on a weekly basis... star trek & stargate are perfect fodder for them , so these average or worse shows go on & on while anything with imagination or depth falls by the wayside. It's a terrible shame really that quality doesn't mean survival, while safe mediocrity can get you 5 -10 seasons.:confused:

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
I really hope they make another movie of this. Watched Serenity (again) last night and it's a real shame the scope they had for some excellent storylines. Especially the Shepherd who was always hinted at as being something other than who he pretended to be (but that won't happen due to Serenity).

Starburst

Distinguished Member
lovemunkey187 said:
Where'd you order this from?

From the DTI webiste, there is a premium for international orders but still a good deal:)

samjpullen

Prominent Member
pags payback said:
Same here, the problem is it seems if series doesn't fit neatly into preconcieved ideas of what a scifi show should be then the mainstream doesn't immediately like it. They like safe, predictable and the ability to dip in & out without needing to follow on a weekly basis... star trek & stargate are perfect fodder for them , so these average or worse shows go on & on while anything with imagination or depth falls by the wayside. It's a terrible shame really that quality doesn't mean survival, while safe mediocrity can get you 5 -10 seasons.:confused:
Don't you be knocking Stargate ;)

FireFly is one of my Fave Sci-Fi TV shows of all time and Serinity is my fave Sci-Fi movie in recent years.

Lets hope we get the other 2 movies in the Trilogy :thumbsup:

MrBlofeldt

Banned
GregHook said:

Add that eternally dull Sci-fi saga Babylon 5.......:boring:

[runs for cover:rolleyes: ]

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
I have now succesfully dowloaded this file and it plays fine. BitLord is defintely one of the best Bit Torrent Clients out there. It took me about 35 mins to download the 800Mb file.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom