Fire TV stick, Netflix and unblock-us, problem solved

Juliesinar

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have an Amazon fire TV stick, and have been using it to watch Netflix using unblock-us by changing the DNS settings and IP address, everything was working fine.

A few days ago I got upgraded to fibre broadband and have a new router.

I've just gone to set up my fire TV stick to use the new router, as soon as I turned on the fire TV stick it had a software update, now I can't find the advanced settings to put the DNS numbers in, it's either the software that has removed the option, or I'm losing my mind and can't find where to input them.

I'm hoping the advanced option has just moved somewhere else in the menus as all I use the fire TV stick for is multi region Netflix.

Any advice or opinion appreciated.

Sorry, I've been a total idiot, I forgot I had to put my wifi password in before the advanced option became available, sorted now

Can you let me know how you have got this working?

I've got the stick and although I've put in the DNS settings for unblockus, when I go to view any content on Netflix it fails. Looking on the net this is due to the stick connecting to Amazon UK's server first. I'm eager to get it working on mine!

I have the fire stick and have had no problem changing the dns until now. For some reason it will not hold the changes made. I have restarted, unplugged, used unlocator and unblockus, static ip etc but for some reason once I connect the dns reverts back. Help! Any tips on how to get around this would be much appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom