two2midnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have Fire TV 4K using Disney+ app version 2.19.0-rc5 that can display 4K Dolby Vision?

My 2021 Fire TV 4K stick has stopped displaying Disney+ 4K Dolby Vision on my LG E6 (Apple TV and Prime still show 4K DV and HDR).
I swapped the Fire TV 4K to a Panasonic TV with same result.
A 2021 Fire TV 4K Max put into the same port on my LG E6 shows Disney+ in 4K Dolby Vision OK
So problem isn't with the TVs, but the stick itself.

The stick is setup OK for 4K as shown by the other apps working OK in 4K. HDR10 and Dolby Vision.
Fire TV 4K firmware is latest. Problem may have started after the Fire TV did an update of the (remote) firmware.

I've cleared the app cache and data plus uninstalled and reinstalled the Disney+ app several times along with multiple power off and power on at the wall plug.
I'm loath to do a factory reset as I'll loose all the settings for the other apps.

It could be an app problem
The working Disney+ app on my Fire TV 4K Max is V2.16.2-rc2
The non working Disney+ app on my Fire TV 4K is V2.19.0-rc5
It may be that the latest version is broken. But I can't see any way to get an earlier app version loaded and I haven't seen any mention of this issue when I google.

Any suggestions to try?

Last edited:
Could you allow installation of apps from unknown sources and then download the older .APK file from somewhere?

I'm sorry, I don't have a firestick, I have Android TV, so I'm guessing it should be similar.

Does anybody have Fire TV 4K using Disney+ app version 2.19.0-rc5 that can display 4K Dolby Vision?

My 2021 Fire TV 4K stick has stopped displaying Disney+ 4K Dolby Vision on my LG E6 (Apple TV and Prime still show 4K DV and HDR).
A 2021 Fire TV 4K Max put into the same port on my LG E6 shows Disney+ in 4K Dolby Vision OK

The stick is setup OK for 4K as shown by the other apps working OK in 4K. HDR10 and Dolby Vision.
Fire TV 4K firmware is latest. Problem may have started after the Fire TV did an update of the (remote) firmware.

I've cleared the app cache and data plus uninstalled and reinstalled the Disney+ app several times along with multiple power off and power on at the wall plug.
I'm loath to do a factory reset as I'll loose all the settings for the other apps.

It may be that the latest version is broken. But I can't see any way to get an earlier app version loaded and I haven't seen any mention of this issue when I google.

Any suggestions to try?
Hi two2midnight, I have the same exact problem. On the firestick 4k Disney app no more 4k or dolby vision with the latest 2.19.0-rc5 version.
I have installed the Disney app (same 2.19.0-rc5) on Sony a8h android os and it works so I can assume it's a problem related with the fire stick side.... hope they receive a feedback (and resolve) asap.

Could you allow installation of apps from unknown sources and then download the older .APK file from somewhere?

I'm sorry, I don't have a firestick, I have Android TV, so I'm guessing it should be similar.
Thanks, good point.
I've downloaded v2.16.2-rc2 from apkmonk and sideloaded it but unfortunately, while the app loads, it won't play anything but just drops out back to the main menu.

Having wasted hours on this I ended up just doing a factory reset on the Fire TV stick but the newly installed Disney+ app still doesn't do 4K Dolby Vision :(

Hi two2midnight, I have the same exact problem. On the firestick 4k Disney app no more 4k or dolby vision with the latest 2.19.0-rc5 version.
I have installed the Disney app (same 2.19.0-rc5) on Sony a8h android os and it works so I can assume it's a problem related with the fire stick side.... hope they receive a feedback (and resolve) asap.
It's starting to look like a poorly tested app update.
What Fire TV 4K do you have? My one with a problem is a 2021 Fire TV 4K.

My 2021 Fire TV 4K Max seems to have updated itself now to v2.19.0-rc5 (despite me have auto updates off) but at least Disney+ 4K Dolby Vision works on that one. It has a faster processor and 2GB Ram vs the 1GB RAM in the ordinary 4K TV stick. I wonder if that has anything to do with the problem.

Thanks, good point.
I've downloaded v2.16.2-rc2 from apkmonk and sideloaded it but unfortunately, while the app loads, it won't play anything but just drops out back to the main menu.

Having wasted hours on this I ended up just doing a factory reset on the Fire TV stick but the newly installed Disney+ app still doesn't do 4K Dolby Vision :(
Awful isn't it when an update borks something.

The latest Disney+ update for Android TV has made the majority of my streams completely out of sync.

It's starting to look like a poorly tested app update.
What Fire TV 4K do you have? My one with a problem is a 2021 Fire TV 4K.

My 2021 Fire TV 4K Max seems to have updated itself now to v2.19.0-rc5 (despite me have auto updates off) but at least Disney+ 4K Dolby Vision works on that one. It has a faster processor and 2GB Ram vs the 1GB RAM in the ordinary 4K TV stick. I wonder if that has anything to do with the problem.
My firestick is the classic 4k (2019? Version). Like you I have tried to remove cache, remove and install again the app but without success. I have also tried to install/sideload a previous version (2.18.x if I remember correctly) but on that version I had other kind of problems (maybe I have Downloaded a wrong .apk platform)…

Any suggestions to try?
I'm still getting Dolby Vision on my Fire TV 4K Max with version 2.19.0-rc5 of the app.

Mine is showing HD only

Mine is showing HD only
Disney+ app V2.19.1-RC1 has fixed the issue and Disney+ again 4K Dolby Vision on the ordinary FireTv 4K.

I get no 4k on my fire tv 4k max streaming disney+, but get it in other apps (prime video , Netflix etc)
All settings on fire tv and disney+ are set as they are meant to be I believe.
Disney+ version is 2.24.0-rc3

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom