Fire Tv Cube no Atmos on Netflix,disney or prime

kourosh

Distinguished Member
Purchased one of these a few weeks ago and noticed i am not getting atmos when watching any of the streaming services is there a known issue?
My zidoo box is fine when watching films or series so i know the setup is ok

Thanks

Last edited:

kourosh

Distinguished Member
No one knows a thing then.... Glad I asked the question o_O:facepalm:o_O

Frisbeepop

Fire stick 4k doesn’t support Atmos on Netflix but Believe the cube should. Disney plus does do Atmos on fire stick 4k. Amazon has dropped Atmos from prime video, as mentioned in articles and other posts. Seems the Cube is a much less popular device so people may not have ready answers

kourosh

Distinguished Member
No atmos on netflix and no atmos on disney ..I did read that amazon did drop atmos but i saw recently that it had come back for season 2 of Jack Ryan, just seems i have wasted £110 on a box thats not doing what its meant to be

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Amazon didn't drop Atmos. Thought it was a glitch.

No Atmos for Netflix on Fire TV stick.
Atmos supported on Disney+ but note that frame rate matching not supported by Fire TV stick on apps except Prime.

Frisbeepop

Atmos supported on Disney+ but note that frame rate matching not supported by Fire TV stick on apps except Prime.
Frame rate matching Is possible via Kodi and the relevant Netflix and Disney+ plug ins. Also support Atmos from memory.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Frame rate matching Is possible via Kodi and the relevant Netflix and Disney+ plug ins. Also support Atmos from memory.

Correct but is the embedded Disney+ on Kodi the same as the standalone app? Thought it gave access to the stream via a file explorer style interface?

kourosh

Distinguished Member

I have the fire cube not the stick

Frisbeepop

Correct but is the embedded Disney+ on Kodi the same as the standalone app? Thought it gave access to the stream via a file explorer style interface?
Correct Re no interface but your watch list syncs. Same as with Netflix.

best thing re kodi app is that on Disney plus, you can select the exact stream quality, even when they were traffic shaping during lockdown.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom