Question Fire Stick 4k no streams in 4k on Disney + Any suggestions please

bino

Downloaded the Disney+ App yesterday to my 4k fire stick, settled down to watch the Mandalorian and only available in hd
Checked some other things and the same thing only available in hd
is anyone else having this issue or have I set it up wrong any help much apreciated

simon194

The Mandalorian is showing as available in 4K on my Fire Stick 4K, the only problem is that like the Netflix app it only plays back at 1080p unless you manually set the resolution to 2160p.

Forgot to add there is no Atmos even though it is mentioned.

bino

Thank you will try try that
is that setting the resolution on the Firestick or is there anywhere on the app

bino

Tried that
All other streaming services are fine Amazon Prime and Netflix
it just seems to be Disney

bino

just found this :
In light of the concerns expressed by government officials regarding the use of broadband services in this challenging time, we have instituted measures to lower bandwidth utilization, and in some circumstances streaming content in HD and UHD formats will be limited or unavailable. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

so looks like that is the problem

bino

Problem solved
it was the television
in the TV settings there was a "Enhanced" setting for Hdmi ,turned it on and voila 4k hdr

Grumpyrocker

Disney's "4K" only turns out to be 1440p according to the Firestick developer options. No wonder it looks a bit pish compared to Netflix and Prime.

paulst10

Distinguished Member
Running at 2160p on mine
Once I found the developer menu
Try turning the advanced options on and see if it says 1440p..

CraigInn

Standard Member
Currently only getting 2160p on Amazon Prime Video UHD, not on Netflix or Disney +.
Speed fine 43mbps.
I’m determined to wait and watch The Mandalorian in 2160p, so any help much appreciated,

Grumpyrocker

Currently only getting 2160p on Amazon Prime Video UHD, not on Netflix or Disney +.
Speed fine 43mbps.
I’m determined to wait and watch The Mandalorian in 2160p, so any help much appreciated,
On the Firestick you have to set the display mode to 2160p60 (or 50) to force apps other than Prime to use UHD resolutions.

So if you want YouTube, Netflix, and Disney+ to run above 1080p you'll need to change from auto to 2160 in the Firestick's display menu. Note that you'll still only get 1440p from Disney as that seems to be the maximum in the UK right now.

CraigInn

Standard Member
On the Firestick you have to set the display mode to 2160p60 (or 50) to force apps other than Prime to use UHD resolutions.

So if you want YouTube, Netflix, and Disney+ to run above 1080p you'll need to change from auto to 2160 in the Firestick's display menu. Note that you'll still only get 1440p from Disney as that seems to be the maximum in the UK right now.
My Firestick only shows Automatic (up to 4K Ultra HD) then 1080p 60 Hz, doesn’t give the option to select 2160.
However shows Prime in 2160.

Apologies, I’m a novice at these kind of things.

Grumpyrocker

My Firestick only shows Automatic (up to 4K Ultra HD) then 1080p 60 Hz, doesn’t give the option to select 2160.
However shows Prime in 2160.

Apologies, I’m a novice at these kind of things.
That's odd. Mine shows Auto, 2160p60, 2150p50, and then 1080/720 etc.
Have you tried disabling auto frame matching? The 2160p options may appear then.

There is an option to force other resolutions. Just looking up the button combination for you.

Edit: In the display setting screen hold UP and REWIND for 10 seconds. The stick will go into a mode where it shows different resolutions and framerates. It cycles through them and you can choose the one you want when it appears.

Don't choose 2160p24 in this hidden setting - although this enables 4K Dolby Vision on Netflix, you won't get anything higher than 1080p on Disney. You need to choose 2160p60.

Last edited:

CraigInn

Standard Member
That's odd. Mine shows Auto, 2160p60, 2150p50, and then 1080/720 etc.
Have you tried disabling auto frame matching? The 2160p options may appear then.

There is an option to force other resolutions. Just looking up the button combination for you.

Edit: In the display setting screen hold UP and REWIND for 10 seconds. The stick will go into a mode where it shows different resolutions and framerates. It cycles through them and you can choose the one you want when it appears.

Don't choose 2160p24 in this hidden setting - although this enables 4K Dolby Vision on Netflix, you won't get anything higher than 1080p on Disney. You need to choose 2160p60.
Thanks.
Did that and it doesn’t give a 2160 option at all.

My Fire TV is second gen if that makes a difference?

Last edited:

bino

Thanks.
Did that and it doesn’t give a 2160 option at all.

My Fire TV is second gen if that makes a difference?
Unfortunately the fire tv 2nd gen only does [email protected] 30fps
Which I dont think will give you 4k
You may need to get a new device that does 4k 2160 upto 60fps
Firestick 4k is what I have and I think it is actually quite good

Trending threads

Top Bottom