Fire Stick 4K -HDR10 cutout issue

DeusXM

Standard Member
Reaction score
Having a weird issue with all HDR10 content on my Fire Stick 4K.

Whenever watching HDR10 content, my Philips TV flashes up a notification in the bottom right to confirm it's playing HDR10.

Semi-randomly, whenever watching something in HDR10, the screen goes back for a split second, then reconnects and the notification pops up. There doesn't appear to be any specific logic behind it, other than when it happens once, it will happen again within a minute. The effect is a bit like someone is pulling the Stick out of the TV and putting it back in again.

I have checked the HDMI ports, they work fine, and are configured as 'Optimal'. I have tried the Stick in different HDMI ports, and with and without the extender adaptor - the result is still the same. It only happens with specifically HDR10 content both via Prime Video and other apps, and is not an adaptive streaming issue either. Any suggestions?

I see this on my Philips Tv as well, I changed a few settings on the fire stick and it’s not reappeared!! I’ll try and remember to put my settings in here!

Ok so under Display I think the one I changed was Dynamic Range setting to Always HDR vs adaptive....

Last edited:
This happens to me as well, fire tv stick 4k max with Philips 55oled754 and only when viewing hdr10+ content. Sometimes the video & audio cuts out multiple times in just 1 minute then nothing again for 20-30 minutes and repeats again.

There is no real pattern though…anybody have a fix for this?

I might try switching the HDR to always only when I view hdr10+ content but I don’t want to leave it like that all the time.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom