Quantcast

Question Fire Regulation labels

dazedandconfusedmum

Novice Member
I have purchased cinema seats on recommendation from this forum after going into the showroom to view/test them out. We have received our seats and have seen that they do not have any sewn in fire reg labels as required by UK law. We had seats with nothing and 1 seat has a sticky label, not the correct labelling. I have disputed this with the company.

Last edited:

dazedandconfusedmum

Novice Member
Yep, that’s one of the websites that I have been on. I am correct that the labels are insufficient and the retailer has offered to replace the seat bases with correct labelling when the next batch comes in, but I don’t know if that is acceptable or if the whole units need to be replaced?

gibbsy

This is the section that covers your question. It is illegal for the dealer to sell any soft furniture without the appropriate labeling attached. I know it's the wrong time of year unless their office is open in your area but you should ask your local Trading Standards for advice. It cannot be a sticky label and must be sewn in.

Labelling

Display labelling

Display labelling is required to indicate the ignition resistance of each item of furniture and needs to be attached to all new furniture at the point of sale, with the exception of mattresses, bed-bases, pillows, scatter cushions, seat pads, loose covers (sold separately from the furniture) and stretch covers.

Furniture sold as a collection of items, such as three piece suites or a set of dining chairs must carry the appropriate display label on each individual item. In all cases the display label must be attached to the furniture in a prominent position so that the label will be clearly visible to a potential purchaser of the furniture and the wording on both sides can be read with reasonable ease.

Appropriate to new furniture which meets the filling requirements and is cigarette resistant. This applies to the likes of baby nests and the word “product” may be substituted for the word “furniture” on the second side of this label.

gibbsy

You've got two threads running on the same subject, I'm deleting the one with no replies to keep continuity with this one.

dazedandconfusedmum

Novice Member
You've got two threads running on the same subject, I'm deleting the one with no replies to keep continuity with this one.
Ok, no problem. I will amend the heading on this thread as I need people to check their seats to see if they have the same issue. I have all of the relevant Fire Safety info now, thank you.

Top Bottom