Fire Emblem: Awakening

addyb

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd create a thread for this. Just had dispatch email from ShopTo so hopefully tomorrow.

Loved the demo.

Considering I have never played this style if game properly, I really enjoyed the demo too.

Well hopefully ShopTo order should arrive today. Still barely played Luigi's mansion though as ive only just got to the 2nd mansion. Doh!

:)

ForumRunner_20130417_173121.jpg

....And there it shall sit, till the end of time..:laugh:

....And there it shall sit, till the end of time..:laugh:

Lmao normally yes. I'm playing this bad boy in about an hour though. Just sorting poorly daughter out. She had her mmr jabs today so is a bit out of sorts.

Sunk a couple of hours into this earlier. Great game. Gone for classic mode (some characters dont return once killed.) and Japanese voices as well.

Not really much to add for those that have played the demo or are veterans of other turn based strategy games. This has a great system, decent characters and story so far.

Lovely artwork, as a fan of Fire Emblem this really has me for the first time wanting a 3DS!

Enjoy.

Absolutely loving this game. I don't think I've played a better turn based strategy based on my first couple of hours play. The visuals are fantastic, it's clear and straightforward to play, loads of depth to the game and the strategies (supporting and combining characters etc.). Have also gone for classic mode and have lost Lissa and the Pegasus already which isn't great!

Absolutely loving this game. I don't think I've played a better turn based strategy based on my first couple of hours play. The visuals are fantastic, it's clear and straightforward to play, loads of depth to the game and the strategies (supporting and combining characters etc.). Have also gone for classic mode and have lost Lissa and the Pegasus already which isn't great!

You've lost Lissa already? I'll admit I was very close at one point. Supposed to keep her surrounded and protected but didn't.

addyb said:
You've lost Lissa already? I'll admit I was very close at one point. Supposed to keep her surrounded and protected but didn't.

Yeah thought she was out of the way but she wasn't lol. Died straight off in one attack.

Yeah thought she was out of the way but she wasn't lol. Died straight off in one attack.

This is the mistake a lot of people will make and I know I will.
Not looking at how many spaces the enemy can move. Makes you plan your positioning better etc.

What will this be like for an absolute noob?

Lots of talk and hype about it?

I presume the demo is on the eshop, ill take a look

What will this be like for an absolute noob?

Lots of talk and hype about it?

I presume the demo is on the eshop, ill take a look

There are noob settings for the game mate. Your best playing the demo on the eshop to see if its your cup of tea.

Didnt think this would be for me but really enjoyed the demo. Think I'll pick this up tomorrow

Arrghh lost 2 characters. They were only just introduced as well. You really have to pick your battles on this and even then be wary of critical hits and other factors.

addyb said:
Arrghh lost 2 characters. They were only just introduced as well. You really have to pick your battles on this and even then be wary of critical hits and other factors.

You certainly do! Just had a great battle
where you get Donnel. Managed to level him up so I kept him and I took my time and played it pretty flawlessly.
It's certainly not a game where you can get away with just marching in before really studying the board. Love it though and will have to buy the additional maps whilst they are on offer too. Can see me playing this loads!

You certainly do! Just had a great battle * SPOILER * It's certainly not a game where you can get away with just marching in before really studying the board. Love it though and will have to buy the additional maps whilst they are on offer too. Can see me playing this loads!

Ive just had a flawless battle on chapter 4 with no casualties and played it pretty much spot on. Kept pegasus and Lissa guarded but also used Lissa to great effect (healing up my team) and had some paired up heading in both entrances into the castle.

Brilliant game. Intelligent systems are such a good developer and definitely a feather in Nintendo's cap. Will definitely get the dlc as well. This and Luigi's mansion are 2 of the best games I've played in a very long time. :)

Not been on the eshop. Is the dlc available yet or will that only be from tomorrow when its officially on the store.

What did you make of yesterday's Nintendo direct cas?

Last edited:
Noticed I haven't got you added on my friends either. Add me mate.

4468-1303-7933

addyb said:
Ive just had a flawless battle on chapter 4 with no casualties and played it pretty much spot on. Kept pegasus and Lissa guarded but also used Lissa to great effect (healing up my team) and had some paired up heading in both entrances into the castle.

Brilliant game. Intelligent systems are such a good developer and definitely a feather in Nintendo's cap. Will definitely get the dlc as well. This and Luigi's mansion are 2 of the best games I've played in a very long time. :)

Not been on the eshop. Is the dlc available yet or will that only be from tomorrow when its officially on the store.

What did you make of yesterday's Nintendo direct cas?

Agreed, for me this game is practically flawless and a solid 10/10. It really is worth buying a 3ds for IMO.

The maps are actually bought from inside the game I think (going by what it says on the quick guide in the box).

I thought the direct was great and to be honest has whet my appetite for the 3ds even more! The thing has sat in the cupboard for a while but I'm loving playing on it again. I've not got Luigi's Mansion 2 yet but will probably get that. LCU the chase begins looks amazing so will get that too. The new Donkey Kong game looks good, as does the new AC game. The new 3d remake of a link to the past also looked great.

addyb said:
Noticed I haven't got you added on my friends either. Add me mate.

4468-1303-7933

Cheers mate, will add you now

I got a 3DS XL tonight to basically play Fire Emblem. I downloaded the demo and was blown away by how good the map screen looks in 3D, No screenshots or Youtube video's do it justice. I can't wait to get this tomorrow now. Also the 3D trailer of the new Link to the past Zelda looks incredible. In fact the 3D on the 3DS is amazing and really adds to everything I've viewed on it so far as long as I can keep in that sweet spot. It takes something to impress me in video games these days but this little beauty has.

The only problem is it was bundled with Professor Layton and my son has nicked it already, I'll have to share it with him tomorrow:D

Last edited:
Korum said:
I got a 3DS XL tonight to basically play Fire Emblem. I downloaded the demo and was blown away by how good the map screen looks in 3D, No screenshots or Youtube video's do it justice. I can't wait to get this tomorrow now. Also the 3D trailer of the new Link to the past Zelda looks incredible. In fact the 3D on the 3DS is amazing and really adds to everything I've viewed on it so far as long as I can keep in that sweet spot.

The only problem is it was bundled with Professor Layton and my son has nicked it already, I'll have to share it with him tomorrow:D

It's just brilliant, my game of the year without a doubt so far. I'd have gone for the limited edition Fire Emblem 3ds xl pack personally (was tempted to buy it despite already owning a 3ds lol).

I agree re: the 3d, it's superb in this game and really does add to things with the game map.

Yeah the 3D is excellent on this. Korum you will have to send me your code as well and will get you added.

I'm hesitant to switch the game off now. Lol been engrossed in it all night.

I played the demo and enjoyed it, tis a good sign when you dont want a demo to end.

How does the full game differ to the demo?

Bigger battles? Massive monsters?, any gameplay differences or more of the same?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom