Fire Emblem: Awakening

Hi.

Is this a hard game to get into if you never really played these types of games?

Hi.

Is this a hard game to get into if you never really played these types of games?

Not really. There are tutorials for each new feature that comes along and its not as if there are masses of menus and options to navigate.

The bottom screen is constantly filling/updating with new tutorial pages, so you won't ever get lost.
You can always swap out members, and check inventorys, even change weapons mid fight(when they break).

Normal/Classic mode is where it's at.
Just don't pick Lunatic mode, unless you have practised/mastered normal..:eek::rotfl:

Ive just ordered it. Heard loads of good things about this game.

Might want to invest in a spare sock, or some duck tape for your mouth, as in a hard fight, when characters start dying, and you lose one, the air may turn blue.

The don't come back on Classic mode, when they're dead, they're dead.

The sock/duck tape over mouth will prevent this somewhat. :rotfl:

Think addy is having a memorial service for his Archer later..:laugh:

Might want to invest in a spare sock, or some duck tape for your mouth, as in a hard fight, when characters start dying, and you lose one, the air may turn blue.

I could of punched myself in the face mate. I totally forgot about one enemies range and the fact he had a X2 stat on his sword. Absolutely destroyed him. Very gutted. Lol

RottenFox said:

Haha ill make sure the kids arnt about when playing.

You can also turn off the animations, or some of them depending on how you want to play it/see it.
So it can be like a turn based quickie..instead of the swooshing screen and some battle animations.

Saves battery too, as Fire Emblem will eat your battery up in a just over a couple of hours.

You can also turn off the animations, or some of them depending on how you want to play it/see it.
So it can be like a turn based quickie..instead of the swooshing screen and some battle animations.

Saves battery too, as Fire Emblem will eat your battery up in a just over a couple of hours.

One thing I might of turned on or I'm not so sure are the battle previews that tell you how much health each will be left with depending on what weapon used. When I first started playing this that screen wasn't there and then after playing the dlc last night its reappeared and I'm not sure if I've activated this myself?

I've lost about 3 characters but have a good core squad now. I'm just trying to level up a couple of my weaker ones now in the champions of lore 1. I just hold them back after doing most of the damage with my better character(s) and then send then in to finish off for XP with do damage back. You have to be very careful to keep them protected by your stronger units though.

How does the DLC fit into the story then? If you buy it can you play it at any time or does it get unlocked when you reach a certain part of the game? Do your characters level up by playing the DLC maps?

I'm trying to clear my backlog a bit before devoting my full attention to FE and in the meantime I plan to pick up all the DLC as and when they get released ready for when I tackle the main game. I can't decide whether to start the main game and play through any DLC maps as and when they're released, or play through once without the DLC and start a new game + while tackling the additional maps.

The DLC area, called the Outrealm Gate, opens up in the south of the map, after you finish chapter 4.

There you can either download the first map for free, or buy the pack of 3 maps for the discounted price of £2.99.

Only the first map is available just now, Champions of Yore 1, and the other 2 so far, come at a later date..I'm sure it's bi-weekly or weekly, can't remember.

They aren't part of the main story, but they do come with their own story/map, so you can go and grind to your hearts content, but when you complete it, you get a card, and someone will join your team as a playable character.

I'm sure there will be free Spotpass maps too, as the US had had a few of those, so hopefully we get them too.

Coming from lovefilm today

Be prepared to weep like a grown man when you lose a valued member. I held a service for my fallen archer last night. My wife held me for a good 5 mins. Lol

addyb said:
Be prepared to weep like a grown man when you lose a valued member. I held a service for my fallen archer last night. My wife held me for a good 5 mins. Lol

Yeah it's bad when you lose a valued team member! If I lost Virion now I would be gutted! He uses the Wolt's Bow and just picks off enemies at will!

For anyone grumbling at the £35+ price for this game new, a seller on playtrade is doing used copies for £18.99 delivered.

Well thanks a lot fellas. After reading this thread I am heading out tomorrow to spend more money that I can't really afford on a game I had no intention of buying 2 hours ago.

I am sure my missus will understand.

Well thanks a lot fellas. After reading this thread I am heading out tomorrow to spend more money that I can't really afford on a game I had no intention of buying 2 hours ago.

Peer pressures a mofo ain't it!
More people need to play this game.

Lin3ar said:

:) you won't regret it. A little bit of grief from the missus is worth it for the hours of play you will get from this gem!

I'm just waiting on Flubit to see if they can offer a good price then this bad boy will get ordered.

Miss Mandy said:
I'm just waiting on Flubit to see if they can offer a good price then this bad boy will get ordered.

I got mine for £25 and change from flubit

What is this flubit I keep seeing it being mentioned. I had a look at the website and still clueless.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom