Fire Cube keeps restarting...

Jimmybonds007

Established Member
Reaction score
To be clear, it doesn't restart completely, it just stops video playback and goes to the home screen.

Current set up is this...

4k 'ready' HMDI cable from 4k UHD TV to Dolby Atmos Soundbar

Fire Cube using 48gps certified HDMI from Cube to Soundbar. Fire Cube stops playback and goes to Home Screen after about 5 minutes.

Now....

All these components were used in a Home Theatre set up (the only difference was the soundbar was connected to a projector via a different cable) and the Fire Cube was fine.

I know the answer is to eliminate each component individually but I'm being lazy in case someone on here sees this as a no brainer :)

Thank you any help.

Ok. My mum always said think before you speak :)

Swapped the cables round. So the 48gbps is now between the FC and the Sounbar and all is well (so far!).

might be placebo.
niether of your devices require a 48Gbps HDMI cable.

Ok...however I assume there is a minimum spec for the other cable which is now between the TV and the Soundbar. I wrote 4k 'ready' above but actually I have no idea what it is, it just looks nice :)

an 18Gbps "Premium Speed HDMI cable" would be sufficient for all your connections.

you'd only "need" a 48Gbps "Ultra High Speed HDMI cable" if you were running anything at 4K@120Hz (PS5 or xbox x)

ok so if my unknown cable was less than 18gbps, would that have caused the issue when between the soundbar and the FC. AS I say it's now between the TV and the soundbar and problem resolved...

wouldn't have thought so, doesn't sound like something a faulty HDMI cable could cause.

"going back to the homescreen" sounds more like something the FC is doing itself, probably because it's amazon "junk" - just my opinion on it being junk though.

The Fire Cube I found very glitchy and prone to crashes/restarts. The 4k stick is much more stable for the sake of £30 (regular sale price).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom