FIR file help please

den9112

I am having a few problems trying to convert a FIR file i downloaded for my 7D firmware update.......i have searched the net for a programe to convert it but i am having a few problems finding something that will convert or open the FIR file......any help would be apreciated .Thanks

eddiewood

Distinguished Member
I am having a few problems trying to convert a FIR file i downloaded for my 7D firmware update.......i have searched the net for a programe to convert it but i am having a few problems finding something that will convert or open the FIR file......any help would be apreciated .Thanks
I would have thought that a PDF file detailing the update procedure was included in the download.

eddiewood

Distinguished Member
I have just downloaded the firmware and there is indeed a folder containing the firmware update procedure. I suggest you download it again if you don't have the full zip file.

EOS 7D

den9112

i have the pdf file and the update file the update firmware file is a fir file which i need to unzip and drop on to a cf card ,thats the problem i have nothing that will open the fir firmware file.

Ian_S

Distinguished Member
The .FIR is the firmware file inside the zip which it sounds like you have already opened...

Just drag the .FIR file to the root of your CF card and pop it into the camera

SevloW

Distinguished Member
i have the pdf file and the update file the update firmware file is a fir file which i need to unzip and drop on to a cf card ,thats the problem i have nothing that will open the fir firmware file.
You dont need to 'open' the FIR file,just extract the file to a folder of your choice , then just copy it to a cf card and pop it into your camera. Then follow the instructions in the pdf. Note that the cf card needs to be one that has been formated in your camera.