Finlux - Refreshingly Different, Surprisingly Good - article discussion

Steve Withers

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Steve Withers talks to Andreas Adamides and finds out what makes a happy Finnish

The chances are that you've heard of Finlux before, the TV manufacturer has been around for nearly fifty years and those of a certain vintage might even remember them sponsoring Sheffield Wednesday in the late Eighties. If you're a regular reader of AVForums you will probably have noticed a number of Finlux TVs being reviewed since the brand's relaunch at the end of 2011 - some of which have gained high praise and even coveted AVForums badges. Last week, we went along to Finlux's offices in London's West End to meet the Head of FinluxDirect - Andreas Adamides - and find out more about Finlux and discover what makes them different.

Read the full article.

Last edited:
Good read Steve, will be looking at one of these as our second set all the best Steve.

I bought one about six weeks ago and it is faultyyes they have a strange system of reporting faults but didnnothing until I finally after 6 weeks asked for some support
They say they will arrange return, which I asked for today but no response of any sort and the say "it will take 10 days to return the TV then two days to check that it is faulty then they may replace it but I have to go TV free for over a fortnigh
Not a satisfactory response to me

Let me humbly suggest to Vestel that if they really want to make Finlux into a mid-range brand, they need to consistently send these sets out to be reviewed by the main European review sites, and also to use Europe-wide model numbers instead of country-specific specials.

AVForums reviews are a good start, but the French and German sites should also be able to review the same models - information does travel these days.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom