Fingerprints taken at school

waring192

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember when I was very young that there was a class project sort of thing where the police came in and finger printed everyone. A couple of friends at other schools seem to remember also.

Does this happen to all children at schools?

Don't recall ever having to give fingerprints at school and I know my kids haven't had it done.

Sure you're not remembering finger painting :D

Nope, im 99% sure it was the real deal. Must of been around 6 I think.

Maybe the local police force sent a police officer around the local schools to teach them more about criminology.

It's nice that you remember the fun part.

I remember a local policeman coming to my school and scouts to do this.

Purely an exercise showing what they do with crims.

Think you two are correct in saying it was a demonstration by the local police.

Me too but it was a visit to the station as part of a project (the people who help us).

It's filtered down to Nursery school level now.

Liam

Give it a few years and they'll probably be taking DNA samples from schoolkids.

And keeping them on file :D

They used to do this at the school féte.
My parents told me not to, and I can see why now.

They used to make two copies, one for you to keep, so they must've been keeping them themselves :eek:

At first I thought this was about biometrics where pupils and staff can opt to activate rooms, printers and purchase lunch with their thumb print.

Although the thumb is used, the actual finger print isn't taken, an algorthym generates a unique number after 'looking' at the print and assigns this number to a Database.

Liam

They used to make two copies, one for you to keep, so they must've been keeping them themselves

Cannot remember that much but I do remember being told off for drawing on the paper with my inky finger!

I remember having this done during a visit to the local police station.

Seeing as I'm never intending to live a life of crime and have no guilty secrets, I'm not that worried about "the pigs trying to set me up gov'nor!" :rolleyes:

;)

We had our fingerprints taken last year I think, although it wasn't done by police. It was to replace the way the canteen system works. Now you load your money onto your fingerprint instead of a card based system we had before.

We had our fingerprints taken last year I think, although it wasn't done by police. It was to replace the way the canteen system works. Now you load your money onto your fingerprint instead of a card based system we had before.

Did some reading on the net and thats quite common now. Just didnt have much info on when we were littleuns

I remember this - over 20 years ago now. We went on a school trip to the local nick. We took in turns to have prints taken then get locked up in a cell.

I remember thinking at the time it was a sneaky way of building up the database - and I was only about 9. :cool:

None of the prints we all did where kept though, right?

None of the prints we all did where kept though, right?

Why? What have you done since? :laugh:

Oh Noes! Maybe they swept up hairs you left behind or collected the cups you drank squash from in order to get your DNA profile as well!!!??!

They wouldn't do that they'd just go and pick up your Guthrie card :)

Dave

Why? What have you done since?

Nothing but im interested if they were taken. Maybe a should do a little misdemeanor and see if they can track find me!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom