fingerless gloves ??

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any thoughts on good to get or bad to avoid , i deffo need some after suffering near frostbite today :eek: :rotfl:

I've got some of these in my camera bag - they're not brilliant, but they do the job.

Gloves

I also keep a few of those gel heat packs that warm up when you squeeze them - they help when you get cold hands...

Do a search for "Terra Nova Fingerless Sticky" gloves... saw them mentioned in a photo mag once, but have not tried them myself. ;)

I've a pair similar to Garf but they have a "hood" that is velcroed back when you are using your fingers, but when walking it can be pulled over like a mitt. They also have a suede pad on the inside of the thumb with a slit in that you can poke the end of the thumb out if needed. Our Postie used to have something similar.
These have "Thinsulate" insulation in too.
Had mine years so don't remember where they came from, pity 'cause they've just about had it - the Wooly Bears got at them during last summer!

H

Edit: Found label inside - they came from C&A!

Last edited:
Look out for "framer" style gloves. I have Irwin Carpenter gloves and theyr'e good and comfortable whilst I also have colleagues who swear by Ironclad and Setwear gloves. They're all comfortable and practical although perhaps not the absolute warmest overall and certainly don't expect your thumb and primary fingers to be roasty! :)

I use runners gloves - they're full-finger but are thin enough to be able to use buttons, switches etc. They also have sticky rubber pads all over the fingers and palms so there's no chance of any camera fumbleage. They work a treat.

I've got some of these in my camera bag - they're not brilliant, but they do the job.

Gloves

I also keep a few of those gel heat packs that warm up when you squeeze them - they help when you get cold hands...

bought a pair of them today for £5.99 from millets , time will tell i suppose :rotfl:

Was going to ask about gloves today, my fingers were freezing after a brief walk along Clacton prom. Do have some fingerless ones - your hands stay warm but it just amplifies how cold your fingers are !

Any other idea's ?

Bill

As I say, I use the fingerless ones, but also keep a few of these in my pocket - they do seem to help...

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom