Finger hovering over the buy button ! Do i or dont i ??

Ralphy1981

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Having sold my 55 inch Samsung D7000 I'm in the market for a new TV and the deal on the John Lewis website is so good I'm very close to buying it ! 50 inch GT50 for 899 quid delivered.

The only things stopping me is 1) Will I feel shortchanged dropping from a 55 to a 50 inch screen and 2) Whilst the TV gets rave reviews everywhere, on here all I read about is faults ! What shall I do ??

Having sold my 55 inch Samsung D7000 I'm in the market for a new TV and the deal on the John Lewis website is so good I'm very close to buying it ! 50 inch GT50 for 899 quid delivered.

The only things stopping me is 1) Will I feel shortchanged dropping from a 55 to a 50 inch screen and 2) Whilst the TV gets rave reviews everywhere, on here all I read about is faults ! What shall I do ??

I always think it is a mistake to downsize even if the new tv is much better.
Try and source yourself a 55ST50, I think that would be better for you.

Richer Sounds have the 55 ST for £999, including five year guarantee.

Don't do it! Not a great deal if you doubt you'll be happy with it. If you can I'd hold off for 10-12 months.

Go check it out in a JL store first of all :)

I went from a 55" LED to the 50" GT50 and I didn't really miss the extra screen size. How far are you seated from the set?

Hi, I sit about 8 to 9 feet away.

I can't really hold off because I currently have no TV !

How did you find going from an LED to plasma ??

Richer Sounds only have a few 55 inch ST50's left and they're not at my local store.

Hi, I sit about 8 to 9 feet away.

I can't really hold off because I currently have no TV !

How did you find going from an LED to plasma ??

Richer Sounds only have a few 55 inch ST50's left and they're not at my local store.

at 8-9 feet there shouldn't be a problem adjusting to the size really, I'm about 7ft away from mines.

Going from LED to Plasma was not really an issue either, after a week or two I started to enjoy the more natural colours and the other benefits of the Plasma over the LED. I can't see myself going back to LED anymore after having had the GT50.

There is no way I'd buy the GT50 now, I'd rather get the 50" ST60 than the GT50, if nothing else for the promise of no VBI and by all accounts the ST60 is supposed to be very good , granted it's more than the GT50 but I'd pay that bit extra in a flash

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom